Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lowering Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 02:41 AM
SherionG
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Lowering Car

I recently lowered my 951, used the 200 weltmeister springs. Followed the tech tips posted on Paragon, however my ride seems rather rough. Is that the norm? Shocks were recently changed, so that should not be a problem. In addition, the car has 17" rims and upon excessive turning I can hear some wheel noise up front. Is this expected, or is there a problem?
Old 11-23-2001, 04:28 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Since you just did this action, do you notice it is worse than before... or did it even exist before? If it just started after the install, I would check any of the areas you disassembled as a result of the installation, and the seating of the new springs in the collars.

If this has been ongoing, or the above does not lead to answers... check all the wear points in the front suspension. Would help to know more of the actual sounds being made and when... but, generically:

- wheel bearings
- control arm bushings and ball joints
- steering rack and tie rod ends
- strut caps and shaft seals
- strut top bearings and bushings

Let us know more when you know it.

Good Luck!
Old 11-24-2001, 03:08 AM
SherionG
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Skip, I had it out today and the ride felt much better after I adjusted the air in tires. There were no special or new noises. Guess, it will just take some time to get accustomed to the ride. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Lowering Car