Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

NE1 have a pic of a jetted banjo bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 07:16 PM
gatorbait
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NE1 have a pic of a jetted banjo bolt?

My 951 came with Autothority's DME/KLR chips, but I'm not quite sure if I have the most recent APE Stage II chips. Easiest way to tell would be if the banjo bolt is jetted--mine doesn't appear to be (looks like a run-of-the-mill bolt to me), but I'm unsure how the PO was able to buy DME/KLR chips (I have both) without receiving the banjo bolt as part of the package.

A picture of a jetted Autothority banjo bolt would probably answer my question (I think).

Also, was Autothority's intent in designing a jetted banjo bolt to function along the lines of a manual boost controller (such as the LBE or Reliaboost)?

TIA
Old 03-12-2003, 07:27 PM
MachSchnell
Pro

Well, they may have removed the jetted bolt in favor of a boost enhancer or comparable...the premise is the same, but less effective. I have both a jetted bolt and LBE available if you want to go either route...the jet was from autothority stg II and you can have it if you like, or I'll sell you the lbe for cheap!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:34 PM
gatorbait
Instructor

Thanks, Jason.

Sounds like I have the stock bolt. Unless Autothority at one time sold a 951 DME/KLR chipset without the jetted banjo bolt, I'll assume that I have the APE Stage II chipset, and that the PO chose not to install the jetted bolt.

Still, considering the fact that I had the Reliaboost-1 installed during my tenure with the car, and taking into account that it made a huge difference in performance, I'm puzzled why he chose not to use the jetted bolt, particularly if there was a performance gain associated with its use.

In any event, thanks.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:49 AM
TurboTime
Instructor

Gatorbait, you'd know if you have the jetted bolt insert. It screws into the banjo bolt and has a standard slot for a screwdriver to fit in. I had the APE 2s and jetted port that screws in. Took the jetted insert out for the LBE I ran for awhile, then upgraded to Guru Racing MAP 2 kit. I now have the Reliaboost 2 installed with the MAP 2 kit and I'm running around 18psi. If you run with the jetted bolt, you won't use the LBE or Reliaboost with it. Hope that helps a little.
BTW, the MAP 2 kicks some major butt.

TurboTime

Quick Reply: NE1 have a pic of a jetted banjo bolt?