Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

"Case Dismissed" anybody fought traffic tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:47 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaT
Ok. I will bite.

Here we go. In the mythical land of no speed limits, I guess they don't have a purpose. In the rest of the world there are innattentive drivers, children, pedestrians, potholes, dogs, traffic lights, etc.

Even where you CAN drive fast (Germany) they seem to think that in MOST places it is a good idea to have speed limits. Cities are 50kmh. The roads outside of town are 100kmh. Even many sections of autobahns are speed regulated to between 80kmh and 120kmh.

I get especially pissed when I see people speeding next to my house. 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon the speed limit drops from 45pmh to 20mph. There is a school zone and elementary school children are crossing the street. Some a$$hat people think 55-65mph is acceptable with small, innattentive children.

So, yes. Speed limits are there for something other than revenue. Many times they are there because people lack any bit of common sense and personal responsibility.

-Dana
You faulted your own argument by pointing out that people speed in those zones anyway.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
You faulted your own argument by pointing out that people speed in those zones anyway.
That is why they need reminded of the speed.

Once of my residences is Switzerland near Lac Leman (Lake Geneva). The highway between Geneva and Luasanne has a speed limit of 120kmh. There is no section more than 6km long where before a speed camera. Guess what. 98% of all cars follow the rules.

If you are in the cities, about 50% of the redlights have a redlight camera. If you enter the intersection red, they send a reminder. A $250 reminder. For some reason, people don't run red lights there. They don't collect revenue because the reminders tend to make people remember to stop on red and obey speed limits.

-Dana

Quick Reply: "Case Dismissed" anybody fought traffic tickets?