Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

"Case Dismissed" anybody fought traffic tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Willard Bridgham 3
Radar tickets are a piece of cake to fight and win.
Plead not guilty in a letter and then take the time to find out what's wrong with the cheap radar that municipalities buy.

A good place to start

http://www.motorists.org/
Wow...one of the few positive responses! Thanks Willard for choosing to help rather than lecture. Kind of amusing really...what a bunch of high horses these people must ride on.

I've used attorney's in the past (appeal) which is not an option in this community as all the lawyer wants to do is the least amount of effort and will not be able to appeal..

I've of course taken defensive driving in the past and chosen deferred adjudication. (Wow, more ammo for the parents on this board who want to scold me).

I'm just tired of seeing the traffic police set up ambushes around here on frontage roads that ARE NOT KNOWN for accidents. They do this simply because we are easy prey and motorists are building speed to get on the freeway. From my office window I often see a gang of them who have found the perfect place to snipe people who are likely averaging about 51 in a 35 per my heinous crime on society. They will run their snare for eight hours a day!!!

Thanks again Willard!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

I can CHOOSE to pay the fine or take any course of action I CHOOSE. I asked for feedback on actually fighting the ticket (which I received driving my 951 btw or I would not have even posted) I would not dream of posting and passing moral judgement on anyone should any of you have posted on this subject.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:23 PM
slap929
Pro

It does suck that some feel that you have to be scolded, doesn't it? This is part of rennlist, unfortunately. Ask for help, and get some lip. Hope the ticket gets dropped. Had many friends do exactly what you are attempting with success. I don't have any advice to give(as I have never contested a ticket) but would like to wish you luck anyway.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:24 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdog
Just a question. How would you know that they come from a LOW income household by looking at them?
I agree that your intentions may not have been reckless however you did break the law.

Every rule/law is developed out of necessity. Whether that be the need for revenue or for the need to keep people from speeding and killing people there was a need for it at some point hence the development of it. Someone at some point killed/hurt someone with a motor vehicle at a high rate of speed and that turned into some lobbyist arguing for a speed limit.

I know it sucks, but I suggest you pay the fine and move on.
Since you asked me a question.

First my comment wasn't meant to degrade anyone (other than those preying on the weak).

It was fairly obvious based on indicators such as vocabulary, manner of dress, etc. Furthermore I was able to figure out (and read) the signs instructing me to pull a ticket and get a number. Many struggled with that and rather than the deputy being kind and helpful to them he chose to point and use the same line..."the sign is right there...can you not read it!" Two different "customers" of the city took issue with his rude and demeaning attitude. One lady stopped and gave him a good lecture...it was priceless. As i left i politely suggested that these people were "trying" to do the right thing and perhaps he should be more kind in his approach". He only glared at me.

The motorcycle traffic officer was cut from the same cloth...and no not all are.

The marshal who verified my front plate was a good guy...period.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:26 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slap929
It does suck that some feel that you have to be scolded, doesn't it? This is part of rennlist, unfortunately. Ask for help, and get some lip. Hope the ticket gets dropped. Had many friends do exactly what you are attempting with success. I don't have any advice to give(as I have never contested a ticket) but would like to wish you luck anyway.
thanks...in the end I'll probably roll over like a good citizen and take the safe route
Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM
slap929
Pro

Haha. From what I can tell with the speed you were going, it seems to be the best way. At least you are helping out the county with their debt, lol.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how it is in Texas but I would get a speeding ticket once a month, all over the country. I've been arrested for reckless driving, unreasonable and imprudent speed, and evading. The rest of the times I out ran them. A few bucks and you can basically get out of anything. And you have to be a good talker. Sometimes you can even get pics of the incident. This one was in Oklahoma. Nice guy too...
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

^^ LOL
Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
A few bucks and you can basically get out of anything. ...

How much is a few bucks?

Anyone can PM me if there's some underground club that for a hefty yearly fee I can be garanteed to be liberated from the stress of always having to watch for traffic cops.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:58 PM
remington7
Track Day

Originally Posted by TX951
In the big cities always contest the ticket in court, and keep filing for extensions to the court date until they finally deny it. This could push the date out 6 months to a year, or more.

The more you extend/change the date, the less likely the officer will show up. If they don't show up, it gets dismissed.

Works for me...
+1
Old 03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
So you really think that speeding tickets serve a purpose beyond revene generation?

Really?
Ok. I will bite.

Here we go. In the mythical land of no speed limits, I guess they don't have a purpose. In the rest of the world there are innattentive drivers, children, pedestrians, potholes, dogs, traffic lights, etc.

Even where you CAN drive fast (Germany) they seem to think that in MOST places it is a good idea to have speed limits. Cities are 50kmh. The roads outside of town are 100kmh. Even many sections of autobahns are speed regulated to between 80kmh and 120kmh.

I get especially pissed when I see people speeding next to my house. 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon the speed limit drops from 45pmh to 20mph. There is a school zone and elementary school children are crossing the street. Some a$$hat people think 55-65mph is acceptable with small, innattentive children.

So, yes. Speed limits are there for something other than revenue. Many times they are there because people lack any bit of common sense and personal responsibility.

-Dana
Old 03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

I completely agree and your point is valid and well stated. My personal disgust is the purposely low speed limits intended primarily to increase revenue.

20mph school zone...absolutely! 25 and 30 mph neighborhood speed limits, of course!

Originally Posted by DanaT
Ok. I will bite.

Here we go. In the mythical land of no speed limits, I guess they don't have a purpose. In the rest of the world there are innattentive drivers, children, pedestrians, potholes, dogs, traffic lights, etc.

Even where you CAN drive fast (Germany) they seem to think that in MOST places it is a good idea to have speed limits. Cities are 50kmh. The roads outside of town are 100kmh. Even many sections of autobahns are speed regulated to between 80kmh and 120kmh.

I get especially pissed when I see people speeding next to my house. 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon the speed limit drops from 45pmh to 20mph. There is a school zone and elementary school children are crossing the street. Some a$$hat people think 55-65mph is acceptable with small, innattentive children.

So, yes. Speed limits are there for something other than revenue. Many times they are there because people lack any bit of common sense and personal responsibility.

-Dana
Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Ronin-951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generally speaking...do the crime, pay the fine. Special Treatment is for a$$holes, which is what your asking a lawyer for, or by using a gimmic. Thanks to the "duality" of human nature, I also have the best Front/Rear Radar/Laser detector money can buy. Safety First, but when conditions allow, the turbo WILL howl.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:27 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

^^ your confusing me..
Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 PM
hevquip
Racer

Wait, what? I can't blast through town at 150 MPH because it's MY responsibility to watch out for SOMEONE elses errant latchkey kid running around? Oh America, you used to be such a fun place before people got their panties all up in a bunch!

Quick Reply: "Case Dismissed" anybody fought traffic tickets?