Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

"Case Dismissed" anybody fought traffic tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 PM
hevquip
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramius665
Where do you think the police department that protects this same individual from murderers and rapists gets the funds to keep officers on the streets?
From their secret prostitution rings and the confiscated money of drug dealers they all skim off the top?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where do you think the police department that protects this same individual from murderers and rapists gets the funds to keep officers on the streets?
That's an entirely different issue, and one that hardly justifies an extortion ring targeting motorists.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Or the easiest advice? Quit breaking the law, pay the ticket that you admitted you earned and do the right thing. There, was that hard?
I knew someone would have that response ...if you read my post you would see my philosophical reasoning.

They are counting on us all being lemmings.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

and motorcycle cops (traffic officers) have nothing at all to do with preventing crime, or keeping murdering rapists off the street
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

From the Feds themselves:

NTSB report conclusion..."speed limits across the nation are arbitrarily set low in order to increase local revenue"
Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

hmm...interesting.

Typically in this area (Dallas) attorneys will appeal the case out of the municipality into another court (County). Then using extensions AND primarily the appeal the officer almost never shows up.

HOWEVER many of the the cities (i.e. revenuers) including the city I was charged in have become their own "Court of record" preventing an appeal on traffic tickets. I may have a little terminology out of whack but that's generally the case.

Originally Posted by TX951
In the big cities always contest the ticket in court, and keep filing for extensions to the court date until they finally deny it. This could push the date out 6 months to a year, or more.

The more you extend/change the date, the less likely the officer will show up. If they don't show up, it gets dismissed.

Works for me...
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

One observation I had yesterday at the court clerks office (getting the front license plate ticket dropped):

9 out of 10 people in the waiting area were LOW income citizens. I suppose they are easier prey for the revenuers.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:49 PM
jdog
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just a question. How would you know that they come from a LOW income household by looking at them?
I agree that your intentions may not have been reckless however you did break the law.

Every rule/law is developed out of necessity. Whether that be the need for revenue or for the need to keep people from speeding and killing people there was a need for it at some point hence the development of it. Someone at some point killed/hurt someone with a motor vehicle at a high rate of speed and that turned into some lobbyist arguing for a speed limit.

I know it sucks, but I suggest you pay the fine and move on.

Originally Posted by racerxrick
One observation I had yesterday at the court clerks office (getting the front license plate ticket dropped):

9 out of 10 people in the waiting area were LOW income citizens. I suppose they are easier prey for the revenuers.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Based on ramius665's advice, pay it or you'll get raped and murdered... lol
Old 03-03-2011, 01:06 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

I've gotten more speeding tickets than I can count (though strangely none in my bright red obnoxiously loud Porsche) and always gotten rid of them. Definitely call a lawyer who specializes in traffic court.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:54 AM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
If you did in fact commit the offense you are charged with, pay the fine and slow down!
Or the easiest advice? Quit breaking the law, pay the ticket that you admitted you earned and do the right thing. There, was that hard?
You two are ****ing morons. Why should he take responsibility for his own actions? **** THAT! He DESERVES to be able to break the law and get away with it. Society OWES that to him. All cops are good for is generating revenue from stand up, law abiding citizens while letting the real criminals run free.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Radar tickets are a piece of cake to fight and win.
Plead not guilty in a letter and then take the time to find out what's wrong with the cheap radar that municipalities buy.

A good place to start

http://www.motorists.org/
Old 03-03-2011, 10:01 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CurtP
You two are ****ing morons. Why should he take responsibility for his own actions? **** THAT! He DESERVES to be able to break the law and get away with it. Society OWES that to him. All cops are good for is generating revenue from stand up, law abiding citizens while letting the real criminals run free.
So you really think that speeding tickets serve a purpose beyond revene generation?

Really?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
So you really think that speeding tickets serve a purpose beyond revene generation?

Really?
If there were no consequences to breaking the law, who would follow it? What should you get for doing 51 in a 35? Thinking that all speeding tickets do is generate revenue is, at best, idiotic.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Okay, who is the victim, and how were they harmed?

Quick Reply: "Case Dismissed" anybody fought traffic tickets?