Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

replacement window regulator rollers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question replacement window regulator rollers

Anyone out there know where to find a replacement for the window regulator rollers? The regulator arms and gears are fine - just the black plastic roller snapped at the ball socket!
<a href="http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/944WindowRoller.JPG" target="_blank">http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/944WindowRoller.JPG</a>

**Measurements are: Dia: 17mm (just under 11/16”) x Thick: 5 mm ( just over 3/16”) without the ball socket – it is 8mm thick including the ball socket stand off** The ball socket is 10mm diameter. The other feature is 4 little plastic pins on the face of the roller. See photo attached.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:27 AM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I decided that it was either fix the broken regulator I had in the car or buy new OEM - the used ones on eBay look terrible, or were missing the black plastic roller I needed. Besides, 14+ year old plastic rollers probably have a common characteristic by now - brittle!

Solved the problem - Home Depot $3 cabinet slide rollers. A few minutes work to re-profile the shape and adjust the diameter - then pop rivet into place - use washers and nylon spacers to get the proper stand height.

Had to remove the regulator to get it all back in though. Funny enough, I was able to replace the other window previously without removing the regulator, but cannot recall how I was able to get all the rollers and slides to work - must have just had the parts aligned perfectly by luck.

In any event, removing the regulator first would be the easier route. Just make sure to have it all the way UP before removing and reinstalling - otherwise you run the risk of "popping" everything apart when you first power it up. There is a LOT of torque in this mechanism, and I wouldn't be surprised if you could shatter the glass under some conditions, so be forewarned.

Oh, and remember to remove the window fuse before you start!

Quick Reply: replacement window regulator rollers