Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

a/f ratio question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Max chips,55's, FI's and a 3 inch exhaust to go with what you already have.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i have weltmeister chips and although they are different, they are from around the same time period before chips were really sorted out. i was running it rich to save it when i first put the chips in and it ran horribly, smelled like it was dumping raw gas out the tail pipe, and just was unhappy. i was running 13psi boost controlled by a LBE. other mods were wastegate shims and a B&B exhaust--otherwise stock. then i had the car dynoed and according to the a/f, the power really fell off once the a/f went down to around 12. it then continued to richen to about 11 at 5500rpm where it wasn't really making much power anymore. so i raised the boost to around 15 and it is much, much happier and faster.

so how are you guys saying to run around 11 air/fuel ratio? i think my car would have drowned at that setting. also, in 2 years of running it rich like i had it, i basically ruined the cat and now it will barely pass smog.

one thing though is my ratio was after the cat so IIRC that should make the readings above above about 0.5 too lean but even still.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by alpinewhite951
I do not have the money yet to buy the Vistesse MAF so is there anything I can do?
You could always run the Vitesse piggyback with your current set up. Not sure if Vitesse sells them separately like that, but it would give you full control over your fuel...
Old 02-27-2011, 12:25 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Uhh no, Welt chips are not in the same league as the Max chips my car can run 18 psi on pump gas, AFR is 14.7 at idle and cruise and high 10's low 11's at WOT, no piggy back !
You can keep the Welt chips and add a piggy back to improve what you have, just saying with Max chips you would not have to do that!

I'd say though, Dual port waste gate, lose the boost enhancer, Max chips and a manual boost controller.

Quick Reply: a/f ratio question