Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Wastegate/MBC questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

onspeed;
in one of your posts you mention that you're using the LBE as a MBC?
If so, that could be your issue.
In order for you wastegate to close between shifts, the pressure in the line between the wastegate and the MBC has to escape, and the LBE doesn't allow that to happen. (Something was said about relieving; not sure if that was already mentioned)
Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, if you switch to a Tial and a MBC, you've gotta take the LBC out of the picture. Doesn't make any sense to have both.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,322 Likes on 1,395 Posts

onspeed; I did use the stock one piece crossover and put all the exhaust on before put the engine in. Rather easier to get at a lot of stuff that way, not so much the Tial WG though. My first pass at it under the car (on jack stands) looks like more that a tight fit. It's grind the mount time and maybe weld up a new one perhaps. Other deal is the adaptor plates. My Tial on the blocking side has a raised rim instead of flat surface. So, it's either mill off the raised rim or cut a rebate / counter bore in the adaptor plate so can use a crush ring instead of std. Tial metal gasket. Lot of parts on these cars isn't there?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:39 AM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Own Goal - I'm not too clear on what you're trying to describe... my Tial 38mm came off another member's car, with adapter plates already on there, so I can't help you there. But it sounds like you're trying to reuse the old WG mount? If so, I don't think you need to do that. I removed all of the old WG mounting hardware. And you're correct that it's more than a tight fit. I sort of forced it into place by torquing down the bolts sequentially.

And yeah I had the LBE as a temp. boost control, just to try it out. Now I'm trying another experiment using an old non-vented (non-relieving) boost controller, trying dual port and single port... haven't had too much time to do runs and etc, but it sounds like I'll get similar results as the LBE. Got a wbo2 and vented MBC on order, hopefully we get some good results!

Quick Reply: Wastegate/MBC questions.