Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clutch bleeding issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Clutch bleeding issue

Ok, here's the situation.

Using a Motive power bleeder, I get a steady stream of nice clean blue fluid from the slave cylinder bleed nipple.

Clutch pedal feels ok, but I haven't driven the car in half a year so I don't remember how it used to feel.

I lay under the car as my wife depresses the clutch pedal and I can see the clutch fork move as far forward as the bellhousing allows. I can also see up inside a little and see the the pressure plate is being pulled back off of the clutch disc.

If the car is in first gear, and the clutch pedal is depressed, I cannot rotate the drive flanges by hand. I do not have drive shafts or wheels installed. If the transmission is in neutral, I can spin them with relative ease (not THAT easy, but I can spin them)

Everything related to the clutch hardware is brand new (except the clutch slave and master cylinder, the rubber hose to the slave was replaced).

Could it be that things are still somewhat tight since they have not been broken in or run in any way yet? I even tried reaching up into the transmission bellhousing to rotate the torque tube shaft and it would not spin.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:20 AM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to try spinning it by the wheel hub. I remember I could rather easily rotate the torque tube with the clutch depressed, although I can't recall if I had it in gear or not.... but it's possible LSD (if you have it) might add some resistance? In regards to your thread title, sounds like you've got it bled pretty well. If the pedal doesn't stick down and the slave cylinder is extending fully, you're good to go in terms of clutch hydraulics
Old 12-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I bet it's just the resistance in in the gearbox and torque tube. With a driveshaft and a wheel installed you'd get much more leverage. I would install that before tearing something apart looking for a problem that hopefully doesn't exist.

Quick Reply: Clutch bleeding issue