Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

delayed baby steps, next years plan, and parts 5 and 5.5

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 PM
incomplete
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Own Goal
Can't resist; worked on my 951 all day today with buddy that came over. Bought an electric heater and have a propane one use at deer lease so was prepared. Today: Sunny and 78. Amazing. However, way to dry around here this year. Did make some nice progress, except for that little sleeve that goes around one of the REF sensors went missing. Typical.
excellent, do you have any build reports?

glad i'm seeing people work on their cars, too. it's not like we're setting a trend. these cars are always being worked on. it's an ownership requirement, i've discovered.

and now my final update of the year:

parts-wise, my turbo crossover was shipped off to LR yesterday for hacking and the last big order placed. i can't believe how much stuff i am changing out on the car... it's going to be quite a different beast in the curves.

there are probably a few things i may still need (rotors, etc), but i'm taking a couple of weeks off for christmas, and will deal with that when i feel like it.

i've come up w/a cool idea to increase air flow over my intercooler. instead of my original plan of cutting some slots in the nose piece w/a plasma cutter, i will instead make my own shroud out of plastic sheeting and put a bank of 12v computer fans directly against the front of the 'cooler. i'll hook that up to switch power, and i should be good!

other than that, i've been cleaning up parts, priming and painting.

have a happy holiday, everyone!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,323 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Thanks, have not engaged in build reports since figure no one needs to read about grass growing (slow). Let complete short block set for almost a year without touching once came back from machine shop but now I'm on it again. Sort of an update on next thread over where Rick talks about favorite roads. Just sort of regular engine out std. mod build street play car for an old guy.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:13 PM
incomplete
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by incomplete
excellent, do you have any build reports?

glad i'm seeing people work on their cars, too. it's not like we're setting a trend. these cars are always being worked on. it's an ownership requirement, i've discovered.

and now my final update of the year:

parts-wise, my turbo crossover was shipped off to LR yesterday for hacking and the last big order placed. i can't believe how much stuff i am changing out on the car... it's going to be quite a different beast in the curves.

there are probably a few things i may still need (rotors, etc), but i'm taking a couple of weeks off for christmas, and will deal with that when i feel like it.

i've come up w/a cool idea to increase air flow over my intercooler. instead of my original plan of cutting some slots in the nose piece w/a plasma cutter, i will instead make my own shroud out of plastic sheeting and put a bank of 12v computer fans directly against the front of the 'cooler. i'll hook that up to switch power, and i should be good!

other than that, i've been cleaning up parts, priming and painting.

have a happy holiday, everyone!
well, a week off and i just had to get something done as soon as i got home. this morning i rebuilt the throttle body, finished sanding down the booster and got a coat of primer on it, and put the final coats of paint on the intake manifold and cam cover!

i think i got the spring on right... i think:

red means faster, right?

gonna let the paint cure, then sand off/polish the porsche script on the cam cover and lacquer the hell out of it.

the brake booster will soon be a nice, shiny black and devoid of scary rust!

edit: finally got a chance to pick up the packages porsche claus (my wallet's new name) left for me!

ho ho hell yes!

also got the knock counter i plan on installing. i think if i fab a box mount for it, some sort of reverse-armageddon clock theme is in order. seems fitting!

Last edited by incomplete; 01-01-2011 at 09:05 PM.