Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010 | 06:45 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default FS - Vitesse S2 Complete Kit

Vitesse S2 kit, turbo refreshed (0-hours), everything else is brand new: $3780 (reg price $4680).

The following parts are included:
- Vitesse S2 turbo - fully refreshed (bearing, seals,..) 0 hours since refresh.
- New Vitesse MAF kit + chip/board and matching software
- New Vitesse PiggyBack kit
- new 83# flow matched injectors kit
- new 3bar FPR.

This is a complete S2 kit with injectors and a fuel pressure regulator. Everything you need to be up and running.

options: - You can add the V-FLEX and boost control.

Please contact me directly: Email
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:01 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

dam! right now is when i wish i still had my S2!!

Say John, just out of curiousness, does this system work with the stock CR, internals, head, etc, and is basically just a bolt on? Or do other things need to be done to get this system to work?

EDIT: reliably
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:05 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Black51

Say John, just out of curiousness, does this system work with the stock CR, internals, head, etc, and is basically just a bolt on? Or do other things need to be done to get this system to work?

I believe the S2 means a Stage 2 turbo for an 8V 951
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:13 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
What he said ^^^^!
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:14 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This setup is for the 951 not the 944S2.
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:25 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
lol
Old 12-01-2010 | 12:36 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

I have this exact same setup in my car - YOU WANT THIS!!!
Old 12-01-2010 | 12:45 AM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

I'm no mechanic...but learning...I put this whole setup in my car on my own. I had help from OnSpeed with the turbo install and that took a little time (after doing it once now I could shave 4-5 hours off to about 10 hours easily...but I work slow and it usually takes me several days...and I have 3 boys that love to "help" me in the garage...).

This is as 'bolt on' as you can get. The MAF takes some finessing - it's a tight fit - but it fits fine in an otherwise stock car.

The turbo hotside is same as stock with the turbine/inlet being a bit bigger. I had to grind down the top off the plastic piece on the alternator and reroute the cables that go to the starter but that was easy (and allowed me to change the voltage regulator while I was in there) to get the 3" coupling on the turbo inlet to MAF to fit properly.

I just did the turbo install last weekend so the install is pretty fresh in my mind if you have any questions....of course John can handle them all as well and his stuff comes with very good directions. You'll want to do some reading on the turbo swap and you'll want to assemble a list of parts, seals, o-rings, new bolts, etc... that you'll want to grab prior to going at it.

Can't recommend this setup enough - best part of this whole thing for me was I had my MAF tuned for the stock turbo...installed the stage 2 and my tune was exactly the same - solid AFR's at idle and WOT. Great system...

Last edited by choinga; 12-01-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12-01-2010 | 01:29 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Omg. that's embarrassing! lol. I recognized the "S2" designation for the car, not the stage, haha... Dam! i wish i could afford this kit for my 951!
Old 12-01-2010 | 01:35 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by choinga
I'm no mechanic...but learning...I put this whole setup in my car on my own. I had help from OnSpeed with the turbo install and that took a little time (after doing it once now I could shave 4-5 hours off to about 10 hours easily...but I work slow and it usually takes me several days...and I have 3 boys that love to "help" me in the garage...).

This is as 'bolt on' as you can get. The MAF takes some finessing - it's a tight fit - but it fits fine in an otherwise stock car.

The turbo hotside is same as stock with the turbine/inlet being a bit bigger. I had to grind down the top off the plastic piece on the alternator and reroute the cables that go to the starter but that was easy (and allowed me to change the voltage regulator while I was in there) to get the 3" coupling on the turbo inlet to MAF to fit properly.

I just did the turbo install last weekend so the install is pretty fresh in my mind if you have any questions....of course John can handle them all as well and his stuff comes with very good directions. You'll want to do some reading on the turbo swap and you'll want to assemble a list of parts, seals, o-rings, new bolts, etc... that you'll want to grab prior to going at it.

Can't recommend this setup enough - best part of this whole thing for me was I had my MAF tuned for the stock turbo...installed the stage 2 and my tune was exactly the same - solid AFR's at idle and WOT. Great system...
good stuff!....and you've got some great roads around Austin to enjoy that kit with!!!
Old 12-01-2010 | 10:30 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast951
Vitesse S2 kit, turbo refreshed (0-hours), everything else is brand new: $3780 (reg price $4680).

The following parts are included:
- Vitesse S2 turbo - fully refreshed (bearing, seals,..) 0 hours since refresh.
- New Vitesse MAF kit + chip/board and matching software
- New Vitesse PiggyBack kit
- new 83# flow matched injectors kit
- new 3bar FPR.

This is a complete S2 kit with injectors and a fuel pressure regulator. Everything you need to be up and running.

options: - You can add the V-FLEX and boost control.

Please contact me directly: Email
I installed this same set-up in my car around 12/03 and it was simply awesome. After about 6 years and 40K miles of daily driving, track days, and "simulated" runs (in 100+ degree weather) I pulled the motor for a 3.0L swap and the turbo is still like new with no shaft play, oil leaks, or damage. I wound up selling the entire motor to one of my best friends and he couldn't be more excited. Simply one of the best bolt-on and go turbo kits for our cars.
Old 12-02-2010 | 06:49 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I installed this same set-up in my car around 12/03 and it was simply awesome. After about 6 years and 40K miles of daily driving, track days, and "simulated" runs (in 100+ degree weather) I pulled the motor for a 3.0L swap and the turbo is still like new with no shaft play, oil leaks, or damage. I wound up selling the entire motor to one of my best friends and he couldn't be more excited. Simply one of the best bolt-on and go turbo kits for our cars.
Agreed. Had the same kit on my car with V-flex and it ran very very well.
Old 12-02-2010 | 02:17 PM
rop3
Pro

I have the same S2 kit as well purchased back in May have yet to evaluate it, was installed on a fresh rebuild. But the car was not tuned properly.

With a new shop looking at the car hopefully I will see good results as well.
Old 12-02-2010 | 10:17 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Time flies, it's hard to believe Jeremy got his Stage 2 kit (first generation) back in 03. In a few weeks, Vitesse will be 10 years old.

The Stage 2 kit for sale here is the second and latest generation same as what Choinga and Porshhhh951 know.
Old 12-03-2010 | 12:06 AM
pudges951
Racer

I can only imagine how great the whole kit runs, I have the maf and chipset with a different turbo and my car is insane, hopefully stepping up to a vitesse turbo sometime in the next year!!

Quick Reply: FS - Vitesse S2 Complete Kit