Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

89 Turbo, 2.8L FS, Memphis (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010 | 05:57 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default 89 Turbo, 2.8L FS, Memphis (pics)

Posting this up for a friend in Memphis. I have seen the car but not in a couple of years. It was more of a track oriented car that did not get a lot of track time since the couple owns a 911 2.7L race prepped track car and two GT3's but a Cup car has come up and the 944t has to go. The owner is a meticulous owner and spares no expense for maintenance.

"Ex track car converted to street trim. Like new Fikse FM10’s with new Contis 245/275/18’s, leather 964 Turbo seats. Black/black, professionally prepared and in excellent condition. Still on car: battery kill switch, TCR Ergonomic steering wheel and quick release system. Supercup coil overs, adjustable front/rear anti roll bars, two oil coolers and custom VDO water temp and boost gauges. Also newly rebuilt and painted black 993 Turbo front brake calipers. Rears are 968 Club Sports. New OEM drilled rotors. New yellow Pagid pads.

Engine/performance modifications by Pat Williams Racing:

Engine rebuilt, cylinder head reworked, ported, etc. Super 75 Turbo, hot housing, thermal, new 4” down pipe, thermal coated and custom exhaust system with 4” muffler, and accessories, manual boost control regulator and waste gate. Specific engine work/parts: Pauter rod set, new Mahle pistons, rod bearing set, main bearing set, head gasket, engine gasket, 944 Top Ring, 928 2nd Ring, 944 Oil Ring, new timing belt, balance shaft belt, new oil filter, custom lightened 968 3.0 liter crankshaft (cross drilled, balanced, knife edged). New Siemens fuel injectors, new pop off valve, mass air flow meter and mass air programmer. New radiator, radiator cap, coolant expansion tank, water pump and water hoses. 4 wheel alignment and corner balanced. Clutch m/c and slave cylinder replaced, new 02 sensor.

REAR WHEEL Dyno chart shows 365.3 HP.
Lots of recent pictures available. Car is located in Memphis.
car just passed Memphis city inspection and is street legal.
$16,500 OBO Email: tcracingporsches@aol.com "

I'll post the pictures as soon as get them tonight or tomorrow. The guy who built the engine is more known for 911 work but does a lot of 944 work as well and is top notch.

The car does have working a/c, sunroof and all other electronics. IIRC, the car was originally owned by a Bush family memeber (Bushes Food Products) and Tico got it through the family. He had it rebuilt to 2.8L. When I saw it a few years ago, the paint, dash, interior were excellent. Pics coming....BTW, the quick release system has a steering wheel that looks like the 968 turbo RS steering wheel. Not sure about the air bag system but would bet it has been bypassed properly. Details of shock spring rates, MAF, etc, email Tico. This is a car that I would just get the keys to and drive it home without lifting the hood, knowing Tico.

Last edited by Ski; 11-23-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-10-2010 | 07:09 PM
968ls1
Racer

Default 89 Turbo

If anyone is looking for a super nice 951 you should check this car out. All of the workmanship is excellent and Tico the owner takes meticulous care of all of his vehicles. This car is a steal at the asking price and won't last long!
Old 11-12-2010 | 06:15 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Gents, I have all the pics but they were sent in a zip file, big pics. I will try to get them resized and downloaded but for some reason, my MS photo editor does not like the files and won't open them - I have to open them with something else to see them.

Last edited by Ski; 11-12-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2010 | 07:21 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

knowing Tico, the dash cover is just protection, not sure about the A/C working fully, but I understand it is on the car. He is in Europe right now and will be home +/- the 20th of this month for more pics and questions. I have these is full 3+mb size if someone wants me to email them.

Look at the paint next to the wheel well, not many chips down there even.
Old 11-12-2010 | 08:44 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

very nice looking 951. pretty clean all throughout
Old 11-12-2010 | 09:38 AM
ChrisJ951
Burning Brakes

How many miles? When was the last timing belt/WP change?
Old 11-12-2010 | 09:25 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

not sure, you can email Tico and ask. Like I said, doing this for a friend and he's in France or Switzerland at the moment. Hopefully when he gets back there will be some better interior pics and I can get further details. I do know he emailed me and a couple of other people with the zip files. I don't know any other way to recommend the car except that if I bought it, I wouldn't even raise the hood before driving it home. This is person who deals with Pat Williams, Leo Goff for headwork, and Sam Shelala in TX at ProTechnik when he wants things done.

I'm sure if it needed anything before a sale, all and any little items would be adressed. You could probably inquire to Pat Williams also, leave him a message and he will call you but he is very busy because he is very good.
Old 11-22-2010 | 01:46 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tico is back from Europe. I got an email from him today indicating he would get some engine and more interior pics to me. A/C does work, not sure if the gauge combo has been moved or deleted. Not sure how many miles are on the car but he did indicate very low hours on the 2.8L and chasis after it was built. He said he would get details and the dyno sheet and may dyno it again for good measure; previous was 365hp but not sure what the boost level was. So for those that sent emails, email him to get his cell phone number. I wished I had passed my USCG exam because it would be in my garage as my X-mas present
Old 01-31-2011 | 02:39 AM
schelerc
5th Gear

Hi, I was wondering if your car was still for sale? I am looking at a couple of cars on rennlist and was wondering if i could get some more pictures of your car? If you could send the pictures to my email that would be great, and tell me any problems with the car.

Thanks
Joseph
joecscheler@gmail.com
Old 01-31-2011 | 09:04 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

tcracingporsches@aol.com

email Tico and maybe you can swap phone numbers and get him to send some more pics.
Old 02-01-2011 | 03:42 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

The car is still available. I sent Tico an email and told him if he would send me some more pics I would post them up but some of you interested may have already emailed him.
Old 02-01-2011 | 04:24 PM
hevquip
Racer

*sigh* I may as well email him about this car again. I don't think the one I'm sitting on is going to live up to what I want it to be and I want a 2.8 anyway and was about to spend the money to do that...

Last edited by hevquip; 02-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2011 | 05:56 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

There is some negotiation in the price so email him
Old 02-01-2011 | 06:19 PM
hevquip
Racer

Originally Posted by Ski
There is some negotiation in the price so email him
I'm going to give him a call this evening. If I can figure out the distance issue by getting the car back here through a shipper, I want to jump on this. I really don't want to drive a car across country, I just did that 2 months ago...
Old 02-04-2011 | 06:09 PM
tcracing
Racer

Default 944

Cody, sent you a PM.

How many miles? When was the last timing belt/WP change?

72K, timing belt, WP done with new engine.

Sorry, so late with answer, not visiting site as frequently as I'd like.

Tico

Quick Reply: 89 Turbo, 2.8L FS, Memphis (pics)