Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clutch master Hose

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010 | 02:42 PM
NormD
Instructor

Default Clutch master Hose

Hey how hard is it to change the clutch master hose that goes to the slave cylinder. I replaced the Master and the slave already but I'm dripping from the hose....figures just when I'm getting it ready for sale.

Old 11-08-2010 | 03:00 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Easy peasy. It unbolts right at the firewall at the back of the engine, it's really pretty convenient compared to other setups I've seen. Hardest part, as always, is bleeding the air out of the line after you replace it. Should take you an hour from walking out to the garage to cracking open a beer.
Old 11-08-2010 | 03:13 PM
azmi951
Drifting

I have a used one. $10 plus shipping
Old 11-08-2010 | 05:31 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott H
Easy peasy. It unbolts right at the firewall at the back of the engine, it's really pretty convenient compared to other setups I've seen. Hardest part, as always, is bleeding the air out of the line after you replace it. Should take you an hour from walking out to the garage to cracking open a beer.
I agree with Scott. I just did it, BUT there is a cable clamp that can be a PITA to get off that clutch line. It's got the smallest nut and bolt holding it .. It could be an M5 or M4 ...? And to access it, you need to reach up from underneath the car and remove the nut and bolt that's holding the cable clamp on a tab coming off that tunnel that leads down from the engine compartment to the center of the car. Small nimble hands help, and so does counter holding the nut while your turning the bolt ( if I remember correctly it requires a 7 -8mm wrench) There is another cable clamp ( off a stud on the firewall) that holds the rest of what that line hooks up to, on the top area of the fire wall, just to the left of the Brake booster... (as your facing the front of the car)
Good luck .. I think its about 35 bucks for that hose from Sunset ... ( that hose can get pretty toasted being so close to the exhaust ..
Good luck
Regards
Ed
Old 11-09-2010 | 09:28 AM
NormD
Instructor

Great i got the hose already I will get to it tonight...with the power bleeder barring no other issues I should be good

thanks
Norm
Old 11-09-2010 | 09:38 AM
Darwantae951

The bolt for the clamp is 8mm. I found it easier to remove the TT bolt holding it to the bellhousing and swap it over outside the car.
Old 11-09-2010 | 02:08 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Huh, mine didn't have a clamp (granted the line also wasn't original, looked like a hydraulic shop special with braided lines), guess I'll be adding that to the list of "small parts the PO neglected to leave on the car and I now have to order."
Old 11-09-2010 | 02:22 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott H
Huh, mine didn't have a clamp (granted the line also wasn't original, looked like a hydraulic shop special with braided lines), guess I'll be adding that to the list of "small parts the PO neglected to leave on the car and I now have to order."
Hey Guys
Here is a picture of the clamp above and if you look you and see a stud sticking out just below it ... I assume that is supposed to hold another clamp ( this one for the wires to the starter ... Does anyone know the size that cable clamp is supposed to be ? i.e. Norma 23 ..?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ed
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Clutch master Hose