Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

baby steps two: engine harness!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010 | 04:26 AM
incomplete
Racer

Default baby steps two: engine harness!

so, i just finished about 90% of my engine harness! i'm waiting on a couple of more bits from the group buy to come in, but once those three connectors and boots are on i'm done!

i picked up a decent condition used harness from a pick and pull, spliced on (solder/heatshrink) a LR injector harness, replaced all of the bosch connectors and wrapped everything in Painless Wiring heat-resistant wrap. i think it looks pretty awesome, and every pin tests positively for continuity (phew)!

the $50 i spent on the plug removal tool was well spent -- a couple of wires came loose during insertion, and i was able to slip the plug right out.

crimping on the new connectors was a pain, but not too bad. i just took my sweet time. i pre-measured all of the different gauge wires, bought the wrap, and then just trimmed and zip-tied it on.

before:

after:

the harness in it's entirety:

as always, more pics of the process, step-by-step here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/incomple...44TurboProject
Old 11-06-2010 | 10:02 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

I love the new clips. So much easier to remove them too!
Old 11-06-2010 | 03:53 PM
incomplete
Racer

heh, yeah. the new clips are NICE. i'm happier, though, with the fact that there's no more cracked insulation and sheaths, or exposed wires.
Old 11-06-2010 | 07:36 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by incomplete
so, i just finished about 90% of my engine harness! i'm waiting on a couple of more bits from the group buy to come in, but once those three connectors and boots are on i'm done!
Speaking of which, when is that slack *** gonna wrap up that group buy...

The remaining bits should be coming shortly everyone... god if I had known it would drag on this long.... next time I am ordering ahead of time, and waiting till I have kits in hand before... ahhhhhh nevermind..

Lookin good, yet another one returning to the fold and becoming elevated from the depths from whence they reached..

I should be getting the remaining bits from the group buy shortly, and will have everything out to everyone...
Old 11-07-2010 | 01:49 AM
incomplete
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Speaking of which, when is that slack *** gonna wrap up that group buy...

The remaining bits should be coming shortly everyone... god if I had known it would drag on this long.... next time I am ordering ahead of time, and waiting till I have kits in hand before... ahhhhhh nevermind..

Lookin good, yet another one returning to the fold and becoming elevated from the depths from whence they reached..

I should be getting the remaining bits from the group buy shortly, and will have everything out to everyone...
heh, it's all good... but i just have THREE MORE CONNECTORS TO DO!!!!!!11one

i had a feeling things would be lagging once you told us we'd cleared bosch out w/this buy. the end will justify the means.

Quick Reply: baby steps two: engine harness!