Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Meguiar's Detailing Presentation

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 12:38 AM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meguiar's Detailing Presentation

After receiving an unexpected amount of interest in the write-up of the auto detailing class presented by Meguiar's, I decided to make it easily available to all Rennlist members.

Please see the link below for our notes on the Meguiar's detailing class that my wife and I attended. Please note that we watched the Meguiar's tech perform clay-ing, buffing, polishing and waxing. We took notes based on WHAT he did and HOW he explained the actions. Like every other skill, these actions take time to learn and perfect and I make no guarantee that based on these points alone you will not have the risk of damaging the finish on your cars. However, they are a great point of reference and greatly expanded the knowledge that we had when it came to detailing. Simply put, a proper detailing is a four or five step process:

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Buff out scratches (optional)
4. Polish the paint
5. Apply wax

Using ONLY those five steps over the course of about 8 hours, I managed to return a high degree of shine and luster to our 951 which had sat outside for approximately 18 months. Regular washing and waxing is the key to maintaining a superior finish.

For specific questions on the content of this presentation, I am available to explain why we wrote what we wrote. For technical questions regarding Meguiar's products or how to apply a technique that is not explicitly detailed in this presentation, please contact Meguiar's or use the internet. If you found this presentation helpful, please pass this knowledge on to other enthusiasts and keep trying to get better at these skills; they are critical to having a car that's a pleasure to look at.

Meguiar's Presentation
Old 10-24-2010, 01:22 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Detailing Presentation