FS: 944 Turbo S motor and AOR trans. Boulder, CO

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts
Default FS: 944 Turbo S motor and AOR trans. Boulder, CO

I am taking on another project (long story) and need to make another effort to reduce the parts pile.

Sorry but I am disinterested in shipping these parts. Maybe a local can help you if you need something shipped but honestly if you offered me $250 to crate up and haul a motor to Forward Air I'd have to pass. My goal has been to just wait for a local to need an engine or trans rather than mess with that.

The donor car had 130K or so on it, and was a totally stock daily driver. No chips, no track accessories, nothing like that. The PO, a military officer, bought the car new. I bought the car after getting rearended in it while test driving it for someone else, ostensibly to use as a donor car for a turbo cab project but I went another way. The parts have been in climate controlled storage since removal in 2005.

Turbo S AOR transmission. $1500. The AOR is stock with LSD and a cooling loop, and stronger gears. This is the trans of choice for a V8 swap or other high HP applications.

Turbo S engine - low miles factory replacement block (20K or so.) Previous owner suffered freeze damage that cracked the block and (later) a fuel line fire. Both repaired by his insurance company at considerable expense.
Newer wiring harness, injectors look new, likewise the FPR. I have records on the replacement work. Complete, ready to install. Nice tight K26/8 turbo, brackets, accessories, late style header, 2-piece crossover, clutch...

Engine $2000 for the package, $1500 for the long block.

Parts are near Boulder, CO.
Cheers,
-Joel.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:36 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 352 Posts

How many miles on the tranny Joel and what shape is it in? I may want to take that off your hands...
Old 10-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

130K or so on it, street driven in a totally stock car. Shifted fine, no problems. The car belonged to a military officer who commuted around the DC area with it before retiring in Denver.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've got someone coming to check out the trans this weekend but currently everything is still available.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:22 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't forget about me!! I'll be by to look at it as soon as I'm done at the bottom of Cheesman dam.

Quick Reply: FS: 944 Turbo S motor and AOR trans. Boulder, CO