Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Heated Seat Heating Element Modification?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Bluemach1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seat Heating Element Modification?

I wasn’t sure where to post this question so I will start here...

I have a 1986 944 Turbo with a heated drivers sport seat. I just bought new covers from leatherseats.com. I neglected to tell them that the drivers side is heated. So my option now is to use the original heating elements (seat back and seat bottom). This is not a problem for the seat back, just remove from the old and glue in place on the foam.

The bottom section is where I have trouble. If I use the original heating element it will cover the center section where the listing is (listing is the thing that is used to pull the seat cover taut with hog rings). Obviously this will not work. So I thought I would just move the heating element forward past the center listing. This means I would have a bunch of excess element at the front of the seat.

SO FINALLY THE QUESTION...
Can the stock heating element be cut and still have continuity like modern elements? Or is the element one large circuit that can not be cut?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would contact leatherseats and if for just shipping they will resend correct, I would do it right and have the element in the right spot... =)

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Heating Element Modification?