Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My car is on ebay again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010 | 03:46 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Originally Posted by Ski
why are the headlights always up in the pics? do they work?
head light bar was removed so I could paint it. They work. just not re-installed.
Old 10-03-2010 | 04:27 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

If I may offer some suggestions, many I'm sure you have heard before. The fact that the economy sucks, consumer confidence is low, plus winter is coming certainly are working against you.

You state that there is a problem with the drive train, possible bad half shaft or coupler, worst case a bad gear box. Replacing a bad gearbox may seem minor compared to the $60k you have spent on this car but for someone paying $15k or so replacing a transmission represents spending another 20% over there purchase cost. I would strongly recommend finding the time to fix the drive line issue, be it torque tube, half shaft, transmission or whatever.

As others have said, you really need to get some great photos of this car. You've put a tremendous amount of time and money building this yet the quality of the photos do not appears to be representative of the quality of the car.

Lastly you may want to seriously consider parting out the car. I know that comment will not go over very well, but in most cases these cars are worth more in parts than there are as a while. Maybe put feelers out there to see if there is interest in your engine.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you best of luck.
Old 10-03-2010 | 08:40 PM
howell944
Track Day

I agree, Trany has to be fixed. I'm in the market for a $10,000 to $15,000 turbo. I'd reach for a car like this one, but not one I can't even drive home.

Quick Reply: My car is on ebay again...