Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

How to remove tach needle??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 12:44 AM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Black51
Woah, cool gauge! I'd say, if you haven't swapped out your old gauge lights, you don't know what you're missing! I love my new LED's and they're easy to put in.
Yeah, the gauge is going to be tight in the 951, but I think I can sqeeze it in. How did you swap to the LED's? Was it plug and play or did you have to rewire?

Steve
Old 09-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi DrZ1, Take a look at the link below for the LED up grade and repair of the dash lights.
For the needle removal: Put a sliver of white tape where the needle now rests. I used narrow long nose pilers wrapped in tape to hold the needle pin in place and a fork to lift the needle straight up and off the pin.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...e-writeup.html

Cheers,
Larry
Old 09-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrZ1
Yeah, the gauge is going to be tight in the 951, but I think I can sqeeze it in. How did you swap to the LED's? Was it plug and play or did you have to rewire?

Steve
The kit comes with instructions, but basically, you just pull the old lenses off, put the new ones on, and plug them into the same spot as where the the old light bulbs went. The new lenses have wires on them out of the box. Everything is supplied with the kit. After getting the gauge pod out, it only took me about 15 minutes total to clean up the white heat stuff on the front of the gauges and install the lenses; so it's very simple.

*Edit: I do recall in the instructions that it said if you want to have this particular kit to be able to dim, you need to install a potentiometer in the circuit. When I tried using the stock dimmer wheel, it kinda works, but doesn't really dim the gauges very much, but I never bothered installing a pot since I got a blue LED kit to look at anyway.

Last edited by Black51; 09-19-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Quick Reply: How to remove tach needle??