Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

brakes pop

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010 | 07:25 PM
TheLlamaGod
Instructor

Default brakes pop

after taking off my calipers to paint and putting them back on, my brakes now "pop" when i first brake usually and sometimes at random times. anyone else ever have this or know how to fix it? did i put the calipers back on wrong somehow? i dont know if its all the brakes but at least 2 of them make this noise

TIA
Old 09-15-2010 | 08:47 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Make sure the mount bolts are tight. Do they pop after backing up and braking? If so I have found some pads to be slightly loose in the caliper and they make a small pop when they slide in the caliper frame.

The brake pop could also be worn ball joints. Search on here for how to check and rebuild them if needed.
Old 09-16-2010 | 12:42 AM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by azmi951
Do they pop after backing up and braking? If so I have found some pads to be slightly loose in the caliper and they make a small pop when they slide in the caliper frame.
My rears do this. Its the pad moving vertically in the caliper. Happens at low speed.
Old 09-16-2010 | 08:18 AM
TheLlamaGod
Instructor

thats exactly what happens to mine. is there a way to fix it? because it wasnt happening a few weeks ago.
Old 09-18-2010 | 02:57 AM
TheLlamaGod
Instructor

anyone?
Old 09-18-2010 | 09:18 AM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Different pads with a slightly larger backing plate might help, but you can't control backing plate size so you don't know what your going to get. Having the anti squeel shims etc in place helps.

Beyond that, there's nothing much else you can do. It will probably go away over time as dirt builds up. You can aslo try pressing hard on the brakes with the car at standstill to force the pistons out as much as possible and settle things down again.

Quick Reply: brakes pop