Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 02:17 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, impressive power numbers.... I don't get how some of you guys can put down so much more RWHP than me and the 2 other guys with 60-1s in my area
Old 09-05-2010, 04:19 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Impressive numbers Aaron! Some of the guys are talking about doing a little dyno'ing at my place on Monday. You should come down and do a few pulls - no charge of course. It would be interesting to compare charts with the 968 Turbo on the same dyno. You could even see if there are some more parts to steal off Rage's old car.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:25 AM
asiancaucasian
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha Eric! I might actually buy the whole car off you... thinking about it! PM about details for Monday, I don't have your number

Yes, that's RWHP, not sure what you mean by corrected/non-corrected as it's not a dynojet that we were on, but I do not believe that it's corrected for my altitude which is around 3438ft above sea level. The run was on 91 Octane with 21lbs of boost, can probably crank up the boost a little more.

For the questions above, it wasn't in shootout mode as we were actually tuning the vehicle at the time of that pull. Last time I tried "shootout mode" on that dyno I made around 20whp more.

My Meth kit is from Snow Performance and I'm using whatever is the largest nozzle size on that kit, I think it's 500cc off the top of my head. I have it set to come on at 15psi. I'm running 50/50 mix and the nozzle is right before the throttle body. I'm not sure how long it would last at the track but that tank is pretty huge. Should be able to last probably an entire track session, I'll update next time I'm out!

I actually don't use the tank that came with the kit and modified my windshield washer fluid tank instead. The pump is located where my headlight washer pump was down by the radiator and I've modified it so that it actually still works for my windshield washer as well! It's a pretty neat setup actually and the only downside if at all is that my headlight washers don't work anymore.

333pg333, yes the custom tuning did involve timing and AFR although it's somewhat difficult to when using Lindsey Racing's chips as a basemap as many of their settings are somewhat hidden. My dyno guy actually uses TunerPro and the Moates Ostrich to do it ala RogueAnt style; thanks for the bin files!!! Really opens up a lot of options.

Last edited by asiancaucasian; 09-06-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:56 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

asiancaucasian, glad that my DIY helped
Shoot me a PM, I would like to know a bit more about your tune, and I can help on the differences between the base .bin and the LR stuff.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:38 PM
asiancaucasian
Rennlist Member

Just got back from Soloracer's dynojet.

I'll post the numbers up when I get an email with the charts but in short..........

448whp and 420ft-lbs of torque running pig rich with 94 octane.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:53 AM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow great numbers!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:17 AM
DivineE
Racer

WTF!!! Those are epic numbers! How do these compare to when the car was running an LR75? I'm running an LR75 at pretty much the same boost (maybe 1psi more) and not getting those figures

p.s. How do you add a signature with your details? I wanted to list the car specs to save having to repeat it many times. Do you have to be a member?

My Car:

Intake: Guru racing map intake pipe, LR75/8 turbo, LR stage II intercooler, Custom hard pipes, Tial 50mm dump valve, Opened out and flow matched original intake manifold, Laust vacuum distribution manifold and Purocil pipework, Gas flowed & knife edged throttle body with flush screws and uprated seals, CTM performance head with larger 48mm inlet valves, titanium retainers, enlarged inlet ports, flowed and matched to intake manifold, 5 angle valve seat with modified inserts. Cometic MLS head gasket, RE-ground piper camshaft for increased lift, tuftrided. LR vernier adjustable timing gear.

Fuel: #72 injectors, LR billet fuel rail, adjustable FPR, Maren fuel pulse damper, LR uprated fuel pump. Aeroquip piped.

Exhaust: Heat wrapped 951 manifold, Tial 46mm dual port wastegate controlled by custom designed push/pull sequential air valve system (controlled by Wolf 3D engine management), Hayward and Scott 3" exhaust (including cat removal pipe)

Electronics: Wolf 3D feeds to 4 channel J&S knock control allowing 10deg individual knock retard per cylinder, these signals are then fed to 4 channel MSD unit that drives 4 coil on plug ignition units producing a measured 40kv. NGK B10EV ultra-cold plugs.

Many other mods like 13row motec oil cooler also installed.

Last measured at 404 flywheel hp on dyno dynamics dyno (without the big valve head), cannot be more than 400rwhp now - but feels pretty epic.

Last edited by DivineE; 09-07-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Glad you posted so maybe more motivation for me to instal my Snow kit, lol

We have talked before as we both run/ran the LR 75.

I see you have about 1 bar at 4,000rpm with the new 61. I have 1 bar at about 3,700 with the 75... ???

What were the difference in set up from first dyno posted to the one you just posted?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM
DivineE
Racer

Originally Posted by toddk911

I see you have about 1 bar at 4,000rpm with the new 61. I have 1 bar at about 3,700 with the 75... ???
1 bar at 3,700 damn I have 1bar at 4,200rpm
Old 09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
asiancaucasian
Rennlist Member

The Super75 was actually quite nice as it had a pretty hard kick and carried power all the way to redline (7200rpm for my car). The 61 does drop off slightly near the top but with my new wastegate it hits full boost about 900rpm sooner! I think it's a good tradeoff. The best I did on a dyno on the 75 was 410 on the dyno dynamics but that was without meth. I'm sure I was making more power before, but I'm very happy with the 61 being able to put down the numbers it did yesterday. I actually spun my tires in 3rd on the dyno with 285's!!

The only difference from the setup was that I ran 94 octane and it was a dynojet vs a dyno dynamics... not sure if that really makes a difference, but it shouldn't have been more than a couple of %. I was actually pleasantly surprised that I made that much more torque, but it's probably because the dyno dynamics was loaded very high for me to make my max boost.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
asiancaucasian
Rennlist Member

Glad you posted so maybe more motivation for me to instal my Snow kit, lol

We have talked before as we both run/ran the LR 75.

What were the difference in set up from first dyno posted to the one you just posted?
Yeah, it's a little bit different on the street. On that dyno dynamics run I had 1 bar at around 4000rpm but on the street when I'm in 4th, I get about 1.4 bar at 3800rpm. The dyno was loaded fairly heavily. On my super75 I had around 1.4 bar at 4700 rpm.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:35 AM
DivineE
Racer

Did the meth injection really make that much difference? I'm hugely impressed! I didn't think the intake temperatures were high enough to warrant it? Maybe more so on a dyno than on the road?

Also perhaps shows that the LR75 is unnecessarily large for our cars? You're producing pretty much the same power with a smaller turbo that utilises more of the rev range and improves your torque band, real world speed.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DivineE
1 bar at 3,700 damn I have 1bar at 4,200rpm
In 4th gear?

Not sure of your other mods, but I have pretty free flowing set up with 3" cat back, wg dump and screen filtered 90mm MAF "CAI".
Old 09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
DivineE
Racer

In 4th gear?
No third, and to be fair I am looking at the dyno readout not the boost gauge. Not sure my neck muscles are strong enough to watch the boost gauge on the road seriously speaking though, I couldn't tell you exactly when it comes in on the road. Probably a bit earlier I suppose.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:47 AM
asiancaucasian
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DivineE
Did the meth injection really make that much difference? I'm hugely impressed! I didn't think the intake temperatures were high enough to warrant it? Maybe more so on a dyno than on the road?

Also perhaps shows that the LR75 is unnecessarily large for our cars? You're producing pretty much the same power with a smaller turbo that utilises more of the rev range and improves your torque band, real world speed.
Yes, the water/meth lowers intake charge temps by quite a bit, but also lowers the AFR by about 1.5-2 points when it kicks in allowing for higher boost and quite a bit more timing up top. I could probably crank up the boost by another few PSI and hit close to 500 with my AFR's being what they were yesterday. Also, it's difficult to cram a very large intercooler into our cars without hacking up the bodywork so meth/water is one way to circumvent that problem.

The LR75 is a little bit big, but I wanted to go with one because I do track my car quite often on the road course. That being said, the 61 is probably a better choice for street driving. I'll know for sure which is better when I take this car out to the track again on the 13th.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results