Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

Replace the TPS and get back to us.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Adam Poland
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to think it could be a blown head gasket. Is this a possibility as well? The FPR is fine, I have no FPD, new fuel lines and filter, and high output pump. Seimens #55 injectors. There is fuel on the injector, but at the nozzle around the intake manifold port.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:20 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

may need some new injector o rings
Old 08-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

I checked the o-rings and they were fine. One of the fuel rail bolts that bolts to the intake manifold is stripped, so the bolt came out. I'm pretty sure that is the fuel spray problem.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:38 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DId you disconnect the TPS and go for a boost run yet?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

Originally Posted by ehall
DId you disconnect the TPS and go for a boost run yet?
I'm not driving the car for now. I went to check my oil today and the bottom part of my dipstick is broken off from the full mark down. I dont know if its stuck in the tube or in the oil pan yet, so I'm just being safe.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Holy crap!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

Yeah lol not a good thing. I'm thinking it got hot, and when I went to put it back in the tube, the bend in the tube may have caused it to break. But thats just an idea.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think if you had a blown head gasket, you'd be leaking coolant around the engine block where it's blown. Someone who has experienced this chime in on that to confirm, but I've heard of that being a symptom of a blown HG. Also, I don't think the car would have any power due to little/no compression.

EDIT: That, or you burn coolant I think.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:42 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It wouldn't have a violent cut out. It would have a continual problem.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Adam Poland
Racer

Yeah. I'm going to replace the head gasket anyway just for reassurance, as my car still has the original in it I'm sure. Really, the more I think about it, the more I lean toward the tps. I've checked every single vaccum line, pipe, and fitting, and there are no leaks. I've checked all of the grounds and electrical tidbits. I noticed a small amount of coolant on the block, but it looks like its coming from the water neck on the cylinder head, not the head gasket itself. All that is really left to check, (that's obvious of course), is the tps. It's just now that there is a possibility of about two inches of my dipstick being in the oil pan, I REFUSE to start it.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Either way man, first and foremost, MAKE DAMN SURE, you find your fuel leak or fix the fuel leak. I wouldn't even run my car if I had a fuel leak until it was fixed, weather that's related to your problem or not. Otherwise, you won't be makin' it to class in the turbo, if you know what I mean... I would take care of that before I delved into the HG, since leaks are usually easy to fix, and also easy to forget about after a big project like r&r'ing a HG. Plus, that may be the fix to your problem. Good luck!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

I wouldn't be too worried about the dipstick... A 2" long skinny piece of metal is too big to get through the oil pickup and through the oil pump (in my opinion). And, if the crankshaft hit it, it would bend, as opposed to punch a hole in the oil pan.

You'll probably find the piece on the oil drain plug magnet, however. But, if you don't, I wouldn't be inclined to lose too much sleep over it.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

Originally Posted by Black51
Either way man, first and foremost, MAKE DAMN SURE, you find your fuel leak or fix the fuel leak. I wouldn't even run my car if I had a fuel leak until it was fixed, weather that's related to your problem or not. Otherwise, you won't be makin' it to class in the turbo, if you know what I mean... I would take care of that before I delved into the HG, since leaks are usually easy to fix, and also easy to forget about after a big project like r&r'ing a HG. Plus, that may be the fix to your problem. Good luck!
Yeah, we're ordering new injector o-rings with the HG and some ac lines and other things. I couldnt agree more about not driving it. It's hard to tell where the leak is coming from though. It looks like it's spray from inside the injector port, judging by the way the yellow stain is on the manifold. I think that the bolt threads on the manifold being stripped had something to do with it. Give me any other ideas if you've got them.

Originally Posted by Van
I wouldn't be too worried about the dipstick... A 2" long skinny piece of metal is too big to get through the oil pickup and through the oil pump (in my opinion). And, if the crankshaft hit it, it would bend, as opposed to punch a hole in the oil pan.

You'll probably find the piece on the oil drain plug magnet, however. But, if you don't, I wouldn't be inclined to lose too much sleep over it.
Yeah what youre saying makes sense. It seems like it would be heavy enough to sink to the bottom of the pan, and not get kicked around too much even if its not on the magnet. It's just one of those things that I like being cautious about.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Adam Poland
Racer

Oh, and something I forgot to mention before. It seems like my A/F ratios have gotten leaner since this started happening. That would point towards the injector leak, correct?

Quick Reply: Violent Boost Cutout