Lapping School at Atlantic Motorsport Park

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:17 PM
svtlrtls
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lapping School at Atlantic Motorsport Park

Hi Listers,

I took a lapping school at my local track, Atlantic Motorsport Park (www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com) - a first in my 944 turbo but I've ridden the track on my motorcycle a number of times.

The car is stock except 17 inch cup 2s, test pipe, powerhaus muffler, front strut brace and novice at the wheel.

The suspension is too soft and the wheel would rub the fender liners, the brakes faded a little bit and there's no limited slip so it would spin in 2nd and 3rd gear. And I get my 22 year old car burning oil on overrun at high rpm but I only used 1/2 litre for the day so I'm not too worried.

What a blast - understeer on entry, balanced through the apex, turbo spooling on exit followed by oversteer. My car performed wonderfully and didn't let me down. (There's too much doom and gloom on this list.)

I was in the student group along with a cab 997, supercharged NSX and BMW M3 coupe. I passed the 997 a number of times and was able to outrun the NSX in the corners but he'd catch me on the straights and the BMW could take me any time he wanted although he never did.

I got some great instruction from Jay Barthelotte in his 2006 Lotus Elise. This is a serious car and sounded great, stopped like nothing else I've been in and out handled everything else on the track. Wow.

And as you all know, the 944 is a fantastic sports car.

Cheers
Attached Images   
Old 08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is AMP? That sounds like a great summer trip!
(also, I know it's only one photo, but try not tilting your head in the corners -- I found that it really helped my vision when I broke myself of the habit).
Old 08-10-2010, 02:52 PM
svtlrtls
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shubenacadie, NS

Originally Posted by pontifex4
Where is AMP? That sounds like a great summer trip!
(also, I know it's only one photo, but try not tilting your head in the corners -- I found that it really helped my vision when I broke myself of the habit).
The track is in Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia, about 30 minutes outside Halifax.

The head tilt is from my bike riding - I guess I'm trying to simulate the turn into the corner as opposed to leaning to the outside. I'll try to keep it straight up.

Cheers
Old 08-10-2010, 02:57 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool. Also, I'm very jealous of your Euro car!

Quick Reply: Lapping School at Atlantic Motorsport Park