Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

swap torsion bar for coil over.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 AM
MK3DUB951
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap torsion bar for coil over.

hey all the other day i found a bunch of info on a thread about getting rid of the torsion bar set up and having a custom set up that eliminates all the stock torsion bar housing and makes it full coil over set up. and now i can not seem to locate that thread .. got lost!. but was wondering if any one has done so or has purchased any of the aftermarket suppliers of these kits? if so want to know if its worth the money to buy one. and is it difficult to make one? thanks! and i have bin trying to learn as much about allt he different routs ppl take before starting on my suspension work.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:52 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are probably talking about the Kokeln unit. Search for "Kokeln" and you will find it. I am installing one in a few weeks. If your interested in photos.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:55 AM
MK3DUB951
Intermediate

yes it is that!. just found it a minute or two ago. cant locate a price thought..

http://www.kokeln.com/rear_suspension_kit.php

and yes very interested in some pics along the way so i can see what i might be getting into.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

After realy considering it i think its really not worth anything near what they want for it i think its like 1200+
It may be feasible to get that last 5% out of disatermans car that has already had the full coil over treatment but realy think the elephant poly bronze rear bushes are a more cost effective mod and of coarse good coil overs ..
I made my own rear sub frame and did a few more geometry changes and i think KOKLEN should have done them as well

Quick Reply: swap torsion bar for coil over.