My Car Runs!! Thanks gregeast!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010 | 01:59 PM
N-Dub
Racer

Default My Car Runs!! Thanks gregeast!!

My car runs! Feels so good to drive her! For what was wrong with it:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=44847

Big shout out to gregeast, it was in fact a super small crack around the solder on the bottom of the transistor of the DME that caused my no spark issue. Thank you very much for your helpful DIY!

I have since found a crack in my coolant tank and am looking for a used/new coolant tank, please pm me if you have one to sell.

She runs and purrs like a champ, but is only making 11lbs of boost.. I installed a new OEM diverter valve about 10k miles ago, but can suck through a bit of air if I really go to town on it.... I shut the line to the wastegate and it still never went over 11 - so i'm thinking wastegate is bad? just asking for clarification before I spend money..

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-02-2010 | 02:29 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

I have a SFR tank, PC black. If interested. Only thing is I rounded one of the nipples to try and gain room to mount the AFM with relocation kit. Other that that and a biut dusty, like new.

looking for $ 275 shipped.

I may also have a a stock one if intersted

Steve.
Attached Images   
Old 08-02-2010 | 05:00 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Outstanding, glad to hear you tracked it down and fixed it!

I remember well how frustrated I was at the intermittent nature of the problem and how little I trusted the car. Took me a few weeks after the fix but it sure was nice to just get in and go and not fret about it sputtering to a stop randomly.

Congrats again.

Quick Reply: My Car Runs!! Thanks gregeast!!