Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

How's your wastegate?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM
asiancaucasian
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a similar graph up top and was running really rich around the same region you are. I couldn't figure out why it was doing it as I couldn't tune it out no matter what timing/boost level I was at. Turned out the problem was the K&N Cone filter I was using with my MAF Setup as it was collapsing on me and restricting airflow when I was hitting full boost. Had to find a reinforced filter to custom fit on. Probably not the same problem, but worth a quick look.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asiancaucasian
I had a similar graph up top and was running really rich around the same region you are. I couldn't figure out why it was doing it as I couldn't tune it out no matter what timing/boost level I was at. Turned out the problem was the K&N Cone filter I was using with my MAF Setup as it was collapsing on me and restricting airflow when I was hitting full boost. Had to find a reinforced filter to custom fit on. Probably not the same problem, but worth a quick look.
At what boost did you you make your posted hp/tq numbers?

How do you like the LR Super 75?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:48 AM
asiancaucasian
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
At what boost did you you make your posted hp/tq numbers?

How do you like the LR Super 75?
1.5 Bar so approximately 21psi or so but I normally run 1.6-1.7 bar on the street. I've since installed a Snow Stage 2 Boost Cooler so I'm going back to the dyno this weekend to see what she'll do at around 24-25psi when it's tuned correctly for it and safely hopefully.

I love the Super 75! Starts spooling around 3 but full boost around 4200 and carries all the way to 7k with no dropoff.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asiancaucasian
1.5 Bar so approximately 21psi or so but I normally run 1.6-1.7 bar on the street. I've since installed a Snow Stage 2 Boost Cooler so I'm going back to the dyno this weekend to see what she'll do at around 24-25psi when it's tuned correctly for it and safely hopefully.

I love the Super 75! Starts spooling around 3 but full boost around 4200 and carries all the way to 7k with no dropoff.
AHhh!!! I have to get my Boost Cooler installed. I got mine specifcally due to the potential of the 75. I am running about 19psi or so and there is so much being left on the table because this turbo does not even break a sweat until 25psi. lol

Sounds like our spool up is about the same. I get 15psi in 4th on a normal temp day about 3,800 or so. But once it hits about 12-15psi it spools realy fast from there and no drop off at all.

Def wanna see your dyno results with the boost cooler.

"Lindsey Racing/Tunerworks MAF."

Curious to know how much different your tune is from mine. Is this based on a LR chip?

Quick Reply: Guess what I dyno'ed at today