Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Saw these 951's on CL if anyon'e interested

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010 | 03:49 PM
gstreev
Racer

Default Saw these 951's on CL if anyon'e interested

No affiliation, might me a good deal for someone with a good motor laying around and some spare time.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1825913159.html

Also here's a 951 for $1850 that needs a clutch.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/1793697764.html
Old 07-21-2010 | 05:39 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Gary, still on the hunt for a clean car?
Old 07-21-2010 | 05:48 PM
Dougs951
Race Car

I might go look at that one in Baltimore....
Old 07-21-2010 | 06:42 PM
LS1Porch
Burning Brakes

I was ready to buy the 1986 Turbo car that's listed in Lowell, but it has some issues.

A rennlister went and took some pictures of it. It's not a terrible car, but it needs some work, and the ad is incorrect in many ways. In the end it was the inconsistencies that turned me away (since i couldn't look at it in person). Anyways, let me just clarify the ad:

Guards Red, Black Interior 90xxx miles 5 speed manual transmission Wrong. It has more like 180k on it. It's on its third odometer according to carfax, and when i added up the odometer mileage, 180k is what i came up with. May be higher than that?
All Records and History of Vechicale and all records of modifications done on file. 3rd owner of vechicale
This vechicale is setup for the track. Major upgrades are...
Autopower Rollcage, 5 point harness seat belts with MOMO racing seats 13inch MOMO racing stearing wheel
NEW PAINT JOB in April of 2007 have all records NO scraths no dents or dings will be found Wrong. Front bumper (AIR unit) is trashed. Paint is very dull for a $3k paint job...it's not shiney at all. Maybe it just needs a good buffing, i don't know? I don't dispute that he paid $3k for it, it's whether he got his moneys worth or not. There is a TON of glaze all over every crack in the car....it was painted and never cleaned up.
The car has a BRAND NEW stage 2 Clutch and a Lightend weight flywheel put in of July 2007
A one piece Fiberglass Porsche GT3 bumper with vented nose scope and bottom lipe That looks like crap.
Koni adjustable spings all around with 300LBS springs Lowered 2” in fornt and 1.5” in the back. Wrong. The car has 200lb springs in the front, and i presume stock torsion bars in the rear. It does not have coilovers.
Porsche 18” Crome 911 twist rims with Cross Drilled Rotors and bigger brakes Wrong. The car has stock brakes with drilled rotors and (he says) racing pads. The chrome on the rims is peeling inside the rim.
Many more Iteams to list Please call for more Detail and Pic
I don't think the seller is being intentionally dishonest about it (he may have bought it and been told these things, or who knows?). But....well, buyer beware.

The story he told the rennlister who looked at it was that he started it up every once-in-a-while during the last winter, and one time he started it and left it for a few minutes, he came back, and it was dead and wouldn't crank over. Timing belt? Who knows.
Old 07-21-2010 | 07:26 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

I just have to see the "one piece Fiberglass Porsche GT3 bumper with vented nose scope and bottom lipe"

Also, what is wrong with using English. At the very least when you're placing an advertisement that you are broadcasting to the world, how about a little effort in writing/spelling...guess everything is just too much effort nowdays...
Old 07-21-2010 | 07:47 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Also, what is wrong with using English. At the very least when you're placing an advertisement that you are broadcasting to the world, how about a little effort in writing/spelling...guess everything is just too much effort nowdays..
Yes, I agree. What is a vechicales??? Something from Mexico???
Old 07-21-2010 | 08:14 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

That one in Lowell was scary. I went there with a buddy of mine. We had $2500 cash in hand and had the car trailer with us. After looking at it we didn't even bother making an offer. We both have 944T track cars and figured this would make a good parts car. Wrong! Everything about it was crap. The "roll cage" turned out to be a old style autopower roll bar that had the harness bar mounted way to low. The wheels were some aftermarket crap wheels. The paint job was joke. Overspray everywhere. The Momo seat might be good for a race simulator. We tried turning the engine over manually with a ratchet but it would not budge. Finally put a 4' breaker bar on it and was able to get some movement but that engine has issues.....like the rest of the car. The seller is a nice guy and I believe he just doesn't know a great deal about these cars.
Old 07-21-2010 | 08:55 PM
gstreev
Racer

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Gary, still on the hunt for a clean car?
Always looking for something Jon, 951, 300ZXTT, Mitsu GSX, Etc.
Old 07-21-2010 | 08:58 PM
gstreev
Racer

Originally Posted by Brian A.
That one in Lowell was scary. I went there with a buddy of mine. We had $2500 cash in hand and had the car trailer with us. After looking at it we didn't even bother making an offer. We both have 944T track cars and figured this would make a good parts car. Wrong! Everything about it was crap. The "roll cage" turned out to be a old style autopower roll bar that had the harness bar mounted way to low. The wheels were some aftermarket crap wheels. The paint job was joke. Overspray everywhere. The Momo seat might be good for a race simulator. We tried turning the engine over manually with a ratchet but it would not budge. Finally put a 4' breaker bar on it and was able to get some movement but that engine has issues.....like the rest of the car. The seller is a nice guy and I believe he just doesn't know a great deal about these cars.
Sounded / looked OK, thanks for clearing this up so none of us get stuck.
Old 07-21-2010 | 09:11 PM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Also, what is wrong with using English. At the very least when you're placing an advertisement that you are broadcasting to the world, how about a little effort in writing/spelling...guess everything is just too much effort nowdays...

Probably thinks ignorance of his native language is a virtue.....
Old 07-21-2010 | 09:20 PM
LS1Porch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brian A.
The seller is a nice guy and I believe he just doesn't know a great deal about these cars.
I'll second that, he was a very nice person to deal with, and i don't think he is trying to rip anyone off.
Old 07-21-2010 | 09:33 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

I too went to look at the car and declined to even make an offer.....

Quick Reply: Saw these 951's on CL if anyon'e interested