Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Innovate LC-1 issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 11:22 PM
supes6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovate LC-1 issues

Just spent most of the day trying to get this thing installed, and the POS doesn't work. Pulled the downtube and welded the bung in by the starter, then routed the wires up behind the bellhousing, to the reference sensor connector area and then through the firewall by the glovebox. Spliced the switched 12v to green wire behind the head unit, and bolted the grounds to the body metal underneath head unit. Hooked up the XD-16 and turned the ignition on, the gauge is doing a light show and won't stop. Come to find out the button on the front of the gauge was stuck, fiddled with it and eventually got the lights to stop flashing. Now I'm getting the three dashes - "no connection detected". Everything is connected per the instructions and the sensor is heating up, I'm stumped. Any ideas? I tried to check out the Innovate forums but they've been taken down... red flag?
Old 05-29-2010, 11:37 PM
joeytoad83
Rennlist Member

do you have the little speaker plug in the right one. one is in and the other is out. you have to have the terminator plugged into the in on the lc1 cable.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 AM
supes6
Racer

wow thanks.. must have missed the part on the terminator plug, I plugged it to the LC-1 In and seems to work now. The instruction manuals for this thing are just really confusing.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:57 AM
joeytoad83
Rennlist Member

glad i could help you out. yes there directions are confusing. honestly i did the same thing thou, as i didnt see the terminator plug in my box. its a nice system, and ther forums have been down for a while.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I like the Innovate stuff….except for the X16 gauge….I just can’t get over the looks of that thing. The G series gauges are more to my liking.

Quick Reply: Innovate LC-1 issues