Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I was late for work!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few torontoians in this thread.. Anyone want to do a 944 cruise sometime?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
You need to come and visit. This is just below Greer, AZ. Deserted perfect roads. Your V1 or Passports work for MILES and MILES.

George
Sooooo jealous...

I really want to go out to that road and just floor it...just to see what it's like...

Looking at that photo, I feel like I could catch air cresting each rise at 150 mph
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 AM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDS968
Sooooo jealous...

I really want to go out to that road and just floor it...just to see what it's like...

Looking at that photo, I feel like I could catch air cresting each rise at 150 mph
We do an annual sports car trip to Greer in the fall. What you see here is just part of the awesome roads we get to drive. Folks from LA, Phoenix, Tucson, and a few other locations make the trip. We usually/always have some amazing rides, and we all share our cars with the others that want to try out something different, exotic, or just fun.

We stay at www.antlerridge.com in the Ridge House. I've got a decent garage there, pressure washer, wax, tools, and we spend the weekend driving until we open a beer. Then it's just quadding or fishing. Most get their fun before 3pm, then the BBQ and beer gets going. No driving allowed after drinks. Quads excluded.

I always look forward to new folks with their rides. Most of us are old friends, but anyone wanting to come with a passion for a safe, fast trip to my place is welcome.

George
Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
We stay at www.antlerridge.com in the Ridge House. I've got a decent garage there, pressure washer, wax, tools, and we spend the weekend driving until we open a beer. Then it's just quadding or fishing. Most get their fun before 3pm, then the BBQ and beer gets going. No driving allowed after drinks. Quads excluded.
Sounds like a hell of a vacation. Not going to be able to make it this fall, but I think I know a pretty girl who might want to go on a roadtrip next year...

It's a really, really long roadtrip, though, Miami Beach is a hell of a lot farther than LA. Estimating by Mapquest, that's two 17-hour driving days. I can handle that, but I might lose interest in further driving by the time I get there
Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 AM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDS968
Sounds like a hell of a vacation. Not going to be able to make it this fall, but I think I know a pretty girl who might want to go on a roadtrip next year...

It's a really, really long roadtrip, though, Miami Beach is a hell of a lot farther than LA. Estimating by Mapquest, that's two 17-hour driving days. I can handle that, but I might lose interest in further driving by the time I get there
Yeah, I drove from to Tucson to Jacksonville in one haul with my GTI pinned back in 1983. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Out of state traffic tickets didn't show up at your state back then. I think I got a few.......sold the car with them in the glove box.

These annual trips get some neat cars and fun men. It's a guys trip. Last year I had the fastest car. There were some surprised drivers in great cars.

We were not on a track, just trying to follow me. A 2.5 Vitesse 951 almost passed a modded M5 V10. I saw it in my rear view from far away. LOL

I can't wait till my car is done. It's going to be a surprise at the local PCA events, now that I've hopefully got the heat issues under control.

OT, but thanks for considering the trip.

We need to get more of the Phoenix 951 guys to show up.

Quick Reply: I was late for work!