Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My Gremlin Seems to Be Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010 | 10:12 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Default My Gremlin Seems to Be Electrical

Ok. I decided to see if I could get any codes from the 951 and found my test LED that I made long ago.

Started car and let it run in driveway. No issues. It would rev up just fine. It would nicely go to 4000rpm and was smooth,

Well, I took the car around the block. Same thing. When under some load (not much) as soon as it hit right around 3000rpm it bucks and backfires.

Brought it in the garage. Hooked up the blink code LED. Took the car around the block. Guess what. With the LED hooked up it pulled cleanly through 3000rpm and ran just fine. But it was REALLY REALLY rich. I could smell the gas. But it pulled cleanly through 3000rpm. Much better than the last two days.

I was screwing around the code reader and broke one of the small wires. Anyways, I decided to take the car back around the block. Back to backfires and not going above 3000rpm with any type of load.

I didnt change anything except having an LED hooked up. This leads me to believe I am having an intermittent issue which is probably electrical.

Hoepfully it is a bad TPS (as it will be here wednesday) and not something in the wiring harness. I should probably go back and look at all the pins I probed to make sure they are good.

-Dana

Quick Reply: My Gremlin Seems to Be Electrical