Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

GT Racing Rear Bumper fitment problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010 | 05:36 PM
dinodanny
Advanced

Default GT Racing Rear Bumper fitment problem

I got my GT racing rear bumper last week and have an install problem. Unlike some that have had them where the mounting tabs are to short and they need to be shimmed, mine are to long and won't let the bumper fit all the way on. There is about an inch gap between the leading edges of the sides and the body. I decided I would just cut the tabs off and fabricate some aluminum brackets.
I got the brackets made and was checking again for fit before I cut the fiberglass tabs off and discovered that the bumper was wider than the body. I can't tell by how much without cutting the tabs off to allow the bumper to fit all the way against the body but it looks like about a half inch. According to GT racing the bumper was revised a little while back. Has anyone installed one of these recently? If so how did yours fit? By the way when I spoke with GT Racing last week they were very accommodating and wanted to make things right. If I can't resolve the fitment issue this weekend I’ll probably see about sending it back.
Old 05-22-2010 | 05:47 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Interesting. I got mine about 1.5 years ago and it needed to be shimmed out as you mentioned. No problem with width on my 924S.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: GT Racing Rear Bumper fitment problem