Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FS - 86 951

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have met Spyder in person and he is friends with a lot of people I know.

He has done nothing wrong. Patrick got it right. Cash in hand takes the car. No cash, no deposit, car is sold to the first person with the money.

I work at a dealership and its the same way. If some guy calls and tells me hes coming up to look at the car, I will invite him in. If a guy comes up 5 mins later and wants the car with cash in hand, the car is his.

I have seen his cars in person and if he sold it for 4800 that is a deal. Its people thinking these cars arent worth sh*t that are bringing the market down. I'd pay 4800 for a running 951 in a heartbeat if I had the money.

I'd just drop it at this point Cameron, dont cry over spilled milk. Posting stuff like this asking for the defense of Rennlist isnt the smartest thing to do.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've already said what I had to anyway. Hopefully he won't be able to pull the same thing on someone else here or at Burke Centre Auto.

I have no problem with first to bring the cash gets the car, I do have a problem with not saying anything until the last minute. I know he'll get his soon, it's cool.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Supachink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the guy that purchased the car, and I'd have to say you are a little bit out of line. I met spyder hours after he posted the ad up for saie, actually I emailed him and called him within minutes of him posting it. Turned out he was right around the corner from my house. I went that first night, met him in person and went over the car. I told him that night, which was around 6:00PM and told him I wanted the car and would kindly make a deposit on it. he said he didnt want to take a deposit, and I said okay, but I would have money for him by the end of the week at the latest. He said not to pressure me but there were also others that were interested in the car, and I told him that I understood. I got the cash together the next day and went ahead and gave him a call and we met up and proceeded with the sale. I found spyder to be a stand up guy. He knows his stuff and disclosed everything that needed to be known to me. he was very easy to deal with and honest about everything that he told me. Not a sermon, just a person reflection...

As for the car, it was everything he stated and more. everything looks great and drives tight.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:40 AM
cvriv.charles
Instructor

Lol. From what I'm reading here.... this dude got into his buddy's car and started driving in a general direction because he had no specific address,.... to buy a car from a guy that didn't have his number and vise versa,..... with no real arrangement to look and buy?

Seriously. I think he's only flaming because he feels,... stupid. Totally not needed. The flaming only made the situation worse. Business is business. You can't really trust anyone when it comes to money. So you have to make damn sure there is some kind of agreement. communication. First come first serve. If all this was legit, and you were 2 mintues late, your to late.

Find another car and learn from this.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:30 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spyder348
pending sale
Originally Posted by spyder348
sureeeeeeeeeeeeeee. with no address name or number why would anyone drive out of state. people like you do not deserve to even have a liscense. gotta say your an idiot if you actually tried to come up. no one in their right mind would ever do that.
I guess I am a also an idiot undeserving of a license, and also not in my right mind As when I bought my last one, I e-mailed the guy and he told me he's in Raliegh, NC and I told him I am on the way with a check.....he replied, fine see you then. I e-mailed him when I got outside Raliegh and he gave me directions to his house. Never got his phone number. Did the same with an excavator, tandem trailer, Yamaha 250 TB...but hey, I guess I am crazy for taking people at their word.

Originally Posted by CameronKame
90% chance that you kept me coming up until someone else you had told to check out the car had came, just in case he didn't follow through. You're smalltime.

Seeing that PM I have to agree with cameronKane.....Spyder kept him on the hook, knowing he was coming as a back up incase the other guy didn't show. One way or the other Spyder wins and one buyer loses. Not illegal, but bad form IMO, especially to another 'Lister.

Protocol would have warranted at least a PM saying 'hey I have a guy supposedly coming with money. I'll keep you posted'. ESPECIALLY AFTER TELLING HIM "ALRIGHT THEN COME ON UP" (see PM).

Originally Posted by Supachink
I'm the guy that purchased the car, and I'd have to say you are a little bit out of line. I met spyder hours after he posted the ad up for saie, actually I emailed him and called him within minutes of him posting it. I went that first night, met him in person and went over the car. He said not to pressure me but there were also others that were interested in the car, and I told him that I understood. I got the cash together the next day and went ahead and gave him a call and we met up and proceeded with the sale.
Not that it matters, but I don't think he is out of line at all. Damn....guy was TOLD "Alright then come on up", then gets it sold from underneath him? Please, you would be pissed too. Plus your dates & Spyders posts dates don't match. Sorry.

Originally Posted by cvriv.charles
Lol. From what I'm reading here.... this dude got into his buddy's car and started driving in a general direction because he had no specific address,.... to buy a car from a guy that didn't have his number and vise versa,..... with no real arrangement to look and buy?
Hell man. See ALL the above.

Wow. Really? CameronKane didn't get screwed? lol....

And yes, I get the whole 'whoever has the money' schtick. But this is Rennlist, not some Northwest DC haji bait and switch used car lot. You don't go around strekking members.

Whatever.....just my lousy .02.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:02 AM
cvriv.charles
Instructor

You are right. Cameron is wrong and maybe spyder too. All in all we're taLking about buying a car. There are others. Nicer ones and not so nicer ones. What's the hurry? Take the time to get the sellers number and talk over the phone. Get his address. And as spyder,... no need to leave the guy hanging. Its not like your not going to sell your car.

This is not rennlist,... this is life. **** happens. Prepare.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:16 AM
1987Porsche944WithRealLongName
Racer

After reading both sides of this I have to say this spyder guy is a real douche
If it were my call I'd ban the StrekStrekStrekStrek
Sorry Cam better luck next time not all listers are bad the one I got mine from was on the up and up. I'm not too far from NC maybe we should get together and make a trip to Leesburg for a little postsale meet and greet
Old 05-22-2010, 11:30 AM
carlege
Drifting

Spider didnt promise the car to anyone. He didnt take a deposit because Cameron was coming to look at the car. Sounds like this guy pulled the money together quicker then he thought he could and "nabbed" (i mean nabbed in the best sense) the car. Communication on Spyders end could have been better but hey.... that life.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:06 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cvriv.charles
You are right. Cameron is wrong and maybe spyder too. All in all we're taLking about buying a car. There are others. Nicer ones and not so nicer ones. What's the hurry? Take the time to get the sellers number and talk over the phone. Get his address. And as spyder,... no need to leave the guy hanging. Its not like your not going to sell your car.

This is not rennlist,... this is life. **** happens. Prepare.
I suppose you mis-interpreted my post. I never said Cameron was wrong.

And if your view of treating other Rennlisters as "**** happens", then you are definitely on the wrong forum.

Originally Posted by carlege
Spider didnt promise the car to anyone. He didnt take a deposit because Cameron was coming to look at the car. Sounds like this guy pulled the money together quicker then he thought he could and "nabbed" (i mean nabbed in the best sense) the car. Communication on Spyders end could have been better but hey.... that life.
I never said he promised it. But to tell a guy to 'come on up then', and subsequently sell it out from underneath him without so much as a courtesy call/PM/e-mail....hell a carrier pigeon or signal flare....is just poor form IMO.

But again, just my lousy .02 as I stated before.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:26 PM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by CPR
I never said he promised it. But to tell a guy to 'come on up then', and subsequently sell it out from underneath him without so much as a courtesy call/PM/e-mail....hell a carrier pigeon or signal flare....is just poor form IMO.

I can agree with this.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Reimu
Drifting

No, I was wrong too. I shouldn't have given him a benefit of a doubt, but hey.. It's hard to tell how some people are using the internet alone. I've been on rennlist since 2006 and everyone I've done business with have been standup great guys as far as I know, didn't see this one coming from a self proclaimed enthusiast.

As for *****, congrats on the purchase. If you read some old threads the car apparently had a few major problems, hopefully the inside is as nice as the outside and it won't leave you on the side of the road.

Save a splitter for me cpr, I'll find that 951 yet
Old 05-22-2010, 12:30 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CPR
I suppose you mis-interpreted my post. I never said Cameron was wrong.

And if your view of treating other Rennlisters as "**** happens", then you are definitely on the wrong forum.

So began the charge to take back Rennlist.... I will forever remember where I was when it started...

THIS type of transaction is why I for the most part quit coming on RL... the feeling of community has become so eroded it almost disgusts me to be here...

This USED to be a forum where everyone looked out for one another, and were 100% up front and honest with one another..

Lessons learnt in all of this:
1) Cash up front, or I'm not leaving the couch
2) Don't travel anywhere for anything without having already wired funds
3) Don't trust anyone based on what they have said

Was it a little preemptive for Cam to drive from NC to VA to get a car, when no $$ had changed hands and he didn't know exactly where the car was..Possibly

Was it poor form to tell a buyer from out of state to "come on up" when he already had another buyer gathering cash for the purchase.... Possibly

Can EVERYONE be 100% happy when the deals are happening without 100% disclosure of the situation up front...NEVER

I can understand WHY he was told to "come on up".. if buyer #1 fell through, there was a buyer #2... BUT to not tell an out of state buyer that a local buyer was gathering $$, and it might be sold BEFORE the out of state buyer even makes it into VA... I, and most of MY friends, would NEVER operate like that..

NOW can we all shake hands, walk away, and stop debating semantics and form.... car is sold.. car was bought, someone got it..someone didn't...

CAM.. I feel for ya, sucks that you drove all that way.. for nothing more than a basic slap in the face, next time.. don't leave until after it has been paid for

OP.. Dude, come on... you had a buyer lined up, and told someone from out of state to drive hundreds of miles, and then told him to FO...
Old 05-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-22-2010, 12:51 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dougs951
Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 PM
cvriv.charles
Instructor

Originally Posted by CPR
Laugh out loud. What planet are you from? If I go there I will find "rennlisters" there? They are not people? They cant be. Because people are, when it comes down to it,... very selfish. You can disagree all you want but thats a FACT. Look whats going on in the world man! Maybe if EVERYONE was a "rennlister" we'd have peace on earth? No. Not really. Friends "F" each other over all the time. Family does it to each other too. And as we all no,... strangers do to. No mater how close you are to someone,... they will STILL do something selfish towards you. FACT. No matter how big or small. Selfish is selfish. I am. You are. Everyone is. Dont deny it. We're only human. Its just human nature. Actually animals do it too. Thats because its what life is all about. Has nothing to do with "rennlisters".

I had a rennlister offer me a trailing arm for $100. When I can easily get one off of ebay for a lot less. What does that mean? Because we're both rennlisters he has to hook me up? No. Life is about gain. Plain and simple. Human live by cash. Who ever has it and has it first,... wins. Easy.

Quick Reply: FS - 86 951