Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FS - 86 951

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
spyder348
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i buy and sell cars a lot. sadly thats what these cars go for. highest offer i had here on rennlist was 4800. once im done with 1 project i need room for the next and i have no patience.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 PM
spyder348
Pro

my mistake for buying the car. got ripped. he was asking 6 originally with a blown motor. F that kid buddd. hopefully karma grabs him by the nuts and rips em off.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully karma pulls the same thing on you.

This guy tells me to come up to his home in "Leesburg" VA last night to check out the car and probably buy it.

I should have known something was up when he starts bitching when I ask if he wants a check or not. Ok whatever, I can understand that. I run to the bank and withdraw $5k 20 minutes before it closes. Then he starts bragging about how he paid for a Ferrari in cash and God knows what random bull****.

I got a friend to clear his schedule for the night to ride me up there (5 hour drive, $100+ gas) but I begged him to do it soon because I already agreed with spyder348 I'd do it that night. After half an hour killing time waiting for a reply from him after I said I was leaving I just pm'd and emailed my number and my friend's and left, telling him to call while on my way.

Sign #2 I should have known better than to trust a pissant smuck like this loser was when using the internet feature on my phone I saw he had been online 15 minutes prior to the time I checked it yet he hasn't called or replied. Keep in mind this is well into the trip, probably halfway. I figure maybe something happened to himself or the car, so I cut him slack in the delay. I think "he's a rennlist member, he will tell me if something comes up." Even told my friend that.

Blah blah, few hours later here I am in Leesburg and send him one last PM, only to have him reply "oh wow, I already sold that earlier today!" Keep in mind this guy had to have checked his email, and DEFINITELY checked his pm box while on the way, once at 7pm and again at 10pm. He KNEW I was driving a long *** way LIKE WE AGREED and didn't give 2 StrekStrekStrekStreks for a minute to tell me it was sold until I was practically at his doorstep. Why didn't he just tell me a couple hours in at 7? Because he's a whiny bitch, just look at how he started crying in the first 951 fs thread when people started asking why he did certain things in his rebuild.

So I'm out 10 hours, 2.5 tanks of gas, a day of work, and my friend got half a night's worth of sleep because of this clown. Some rennlisters are nice guys, some are ********. This one is an *******, do NOT do business with him.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 AM
spyder348
Pro

sureeeeeeeeeeeeeee. with no address name or number why would anyone drive out of state. people like you do not deserve to even have a liscense. gotta say your an idiot if you actually tried to come up. no one in their right mind would ever do that.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
carlege
Drifting

Well cameron dont feel bad. I drove from Cookeville Tn - Atlanta Ga last year (3hour 40 min drive one way) for a car that was in "great shape" it didnt start, the hood was dented because it flew off while driving, signs of rust on the lower panels, and of course wasnt even as described. I was out 2.5 tanks of gas and 2 meals for my friend riding with me.

I think with a little communication and giving spider your phone number this could have been avoided.

Last edited by carlege; 05-20-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:30 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by CameronKame
Hopefully karma pulls the same thing on you.

This guy tells me to come up to his home in "Leesburg" VA last night to check out the car and probably buy it.

I should have known something was up when he starts bitching when I ask if he wants a check or not. Ok whatever, I can understand that. I run to the bank and withdraw $5k 20 minutes before it closes. Then he starts bragging about how he paid for a Ferrari in cash and God knows what random bull****.

I got a friend to clear his schedule for the night to ride me up there (5 hour drive, $100+ gas) but I begged him to do it soon because I already agreed with spyder348 I'd do it that night. After half an hour killing time waiting for a reply from him after I said I was leaving I just pm'd and emailed my number and my friend's and left, telling him to call while on my way.

Sign #2 I should have known better than to trust a pissant smuck like this loser was when using the internet feature on my phone I saw he had been online 15 minutes prior to the time I checked it yet he hasn't called or replied. Keep in mind this is well into the trip, probably halfway. I figure maybe something happened to himself or the car, so I cut him slack in the delay. I think "he's a rennlist member, he will tell me if something comes up." Even told my friend that.

Blah blah, few hours later here I am in Leesburg and send him one last PM, only to have him reply "oh wow, I already sold that earlier today!" Keep in mind this guy had to have checked his email, and DEFINITELY checked his pm box while on the way, once at 7pm and again at 10pm. He KNEW I was driving a long *** way LIKE WE AGREED and didn't give 2 StrekStrekStrekStreks for a minute to tell me it was sold until I was practically at his doorstep. Why didn't he just tell me a couple hours in at 7? Because he's a whiny bitch, just look at how he started crying in the first 951 fs thread when people started asking why he did certain things in his rebuild.

So I'm out 10 hours, 2.5 tanks of gas, a day of work, and my friend got half a night's worth of sleep because of this clown. Some rennlisters are nice guys, some are ********. This one is an *******, do NOT do business with him.
He is lucky that you are a nice guy. So there is another side to spydy that we don't know
Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM
spyder348
Pro

teaming up. woo hoo. you guys suck. wish i had a passion for a different type of car. if anything. buddd f'd me over. i helped some other guy out by giving him a great deal. then F***face cameron chimes in explaining he is an idiot. and people take his side. he needs to read the post. i posted pending sale. def not to him. then car sold. thatds what we are suppose to do here. cameron is a liar. he did not come up. made up all that shyt now you all think im a bad dude.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by carlege
Well cameron dont feel bad. I drove from Cookeville Tn - Atlanta Ga last year (3hour 40 min drive one way) for a car that was in "great shape" it didnt start, the hood was dented because it flew off while driving, signs of rust on the lower panels, and of course wasnt even as described. I was out 2.5 tanks of gas and 2 meals for my friend riding with me.

I think with a little communication and giving spider your phone number this could have been avoided.
I said I was leaving I just pm'd and emailed my number and my friend's and left, telling him to call while on my way.

I think he did, nevertheless it sucks. I have never being let down by a lister, so far I had nothing but good deals.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by lart951

I think he did, nevertheless it sucks. I have never being let down by a lister, so far I had nothing but good deals.

well, cant blame a guy for selling a car when cash is flashed. Cars are First come first served
Old 05-20-2010, 12:11 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Sucks but it sounds to me like there was a pretty bad communication breakdown here.

As far as spyder goes - money talks. Whenever I sell something, it's "first person to put the cash in my hand wins." Though it's pretty ****ty if he had PM's from Cameron that he was coming and didn't say anything. But I've also had similar experiences with people that tell me "I'm coming out tonight", they're several hours away, so I sit tight and wait it out... and they never show. Generally if someone is going to come from that far away, and I'm getting calls/emails on the car/bike I'm trying to sell from other people, I'll ask for a non-refundable paypal deposit to hold the car for a few hours until the guy gets there. If he doesn't show, I keep the deposit. If he shows and decides the car isn't for him, then I'll refund the money. That usually keeps prospective buyers honest.

Cameron - you took a risk travelling all that way without confirming with him first. I'd have a number, an address, and a definite agreed-upon time for arrival. "Ok so I will see you at this address at this time." 5 hours worth of driving is an awful lot to risk to play things by ear or by PM if you ask me. But in the end, all you lost was time. It's not like he scammed you for $5k.

Sounds to me like spyder didn't know you were coming. He also assumed you saw the "sold" post. He should've been more clear to you that it had already sold, and you should've been more clear to him that you were definitely coming up to look at the car.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^This.
Cash in hand takes the car.
Sometimes that's the way it goes. If I were driving all that way, I too, would have sent a deposit and made sure I had phone contact.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 PM
mverick160
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spyder348
my mistake for buying the car. got ripped. he was asking 6 originally with a blown motor. F that kid buddd. hopefully karma grabs him by the nuts and rips em off.
Not saying you didn't get shorted. But if you paid in the neighborhood of $6000 for the car and sold it for $5000 and then sold the turbo, maf, injectors, and a bunch of other stuff off the car and rebuilt it. You're still short on money. But, I know there was a lot sold off that car. I bought a bunch of it lol....

Hope the next one works out better. And, if it ain't running I don't believe anything somebody tells me. I just figure new motor complete.

Everything I got was in Great shape, Still waiting on a few things from others to put them together... Thanks for your help.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:46 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by mverick160
Hope the next one works out better. And, if it ain't running I don't believe anything somebody tells me. I just figure new motor complete.
Ditto. From the FS threads I read, it's hard to tell if budddd really knew what was wrong with his car. He may not have had any clue - he may have also sold it full-knowing it was F'd and sat behind the "buyer beware" mentality.

I've been bitten by that same thing. Bought a car that the seller claimed had a full brand new long block, "just needs a turbo, that's why it smokes so much." A quick drive certainly made it seem like it needed more than just a turbo, but the price was right and I was prepared for the worst. Turned out all 4 pistons were cracked (broken ring lands) - as well as a completely cooked turbo.

If you buy/sell a lot of project cars like this, it shouldn't take too long to learn this lesson... if it doesn't run, assume the worst, and pay accordingly. That's why whenever anyone posts up looking for sales advice, and "it only needs x-y-z" - we always tell them to fix it first. The buyer has NO idea what he'll be walking in to.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Reimu
Drifting

You started whining because you think a 951 is worth 2x more than what the market says, if you thought you could buy an abused car and pass it on as a prime example then YOU'RE the idiot. I should probably be thanking God I didn't buy the thing.

90% chance that you kept me coming up until someone else you had told to check out the car had came, just in case he didn't follow through. You're smalltime.

Also lol "teaming up"
what are you, 12?
Mods sorry for this crap.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:16 PM
carlege
Drifting

Cameronkame its probably best if you put it to rest. He sold his car and im sure you will find yours

Quick Reply: FS - 86 951