Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

How Fast? Vitesse with stock K26-6, tial wastegate, stock afm

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Euro951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Fast? Vitesse with stock K26-6, tial wastegate, stock afm

I have a 86 944 turbo with a stock turbo, tial wastegate,MBC, stock afm, and B&B exhaust. The engine was just rebuilt and I am running 10lbs of boost for the 1st few thousand miles. The car feels quick at 10lbs with an autothority stage 2 chip. It really pulls hard for low boost.

My question is how fast would the car be with a vitesse chip upgrade along with 15lbs of boost? Will it be a mid 13 second car? It already feels like a low 14 second car with my current setup. I was wondering if anyone has a similar setup and what they feel about it.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Euro951
I have a 86 944 turbo with a stock turbo, tial wastegate,MBC, stock afm, and B&B exhaust. The engine was just rebuilt and I am running 10lbs of boost for the 1st few thousand miles. The car feels quick at 10lbs with an autothority stage 2 chip. It really pulls hard for low boost.

My question is how fast would the car be with a vitesse chip upgrade along with 15lbs of boost? Will it be a mid 13 second car? It already feels like a low 14 second car with my current setup. I was wondering if anyone has a similar setup and what they feel about it.
The dyno chart listed on the Vitesse web site for a 26/6 is the exact set-up as yours, with the stock cat in place. Fresh motor, B&B muffler, tial, AFM, ect. You should see 240 RWHP, or about 20 more than the APE stage 2 chips. That car picked up 22 RWHP just switcing to Vitesse chips. Additional gains are in throttle response and boost response.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is my chart with a very similar setup.

I was running 14psi..

-26/6
-Vitesse MAF
-LR Stage 1 head
-Full 3", no cat
-Tial dual port

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVNI5FptaUg
Old 05-11-2010, 01:27 AM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
The dyno chart listed on the Vitesse web site for a 26/6 is the exact set-up as yours, with the stock cat in place. Fresh motor, B&B muffler, tial, AFM, ect. You should see 240 RWHP, or about 20 more than the APE stage 2 chips. That car picked up 22 RWHP just switcing to Vitesse chips. Additional gains are in throttle response and boost response.
Jeremy, send me a PM on your current 3.0 car. I'm almost done with mine. My fault, as I went overboard with cooling and other stuff that we did while we were in there.....

George

Quick Reply: How Fast? Vitesse with stock K26-6, tial wastegate, stock afm