Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Got some tire rub, time for suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got some tire rub, time for suspension.

Yup 295s rubbed pretty good in the inner wheel well, surprise surprise.

I was thinking about just getting some Konis and a 19mm sway bar but I'm tempted to just get paragons coilover kit since it is on sale. I didn't really want to spend that much but I figured I was going to sooner or later so I might as well do it all now. Should I try the koni sport or just go coilover? I have no idea about spring rates and such for coilovers

http://www.paragon-products.com/Coil...ni_cup_kit.htm
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For a street driven (only) car I probably wouldn't go for this kit. The 30 series damping seems (to me) quite harsh (having previously had the sports). If you're more into street I would say either spend more and get the KW V3s or spend less and get the koni sport shocks, and if you want to lower get the Paragon adjustable ride height kit and some 200 springs for the front and drop the rear eccentrics.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

The rubbing could be from any number of things.

-Wrong offset wheels.
-Ride height
-Tired suspension
-Too much rear neg

Having ridden in Mo30 equipped cars and other modified Koni suspension, I would say that you don't want to go too firm in spring and shock valve rates. Obviously it depends on what condition the roads are in where you drive as well. If you don't want to spend $1300 then I doubt you're going to want to spend another $1k on the KWs but I would highly advise you re thinking your budget. They just are so much more comfortable while being superior in handling compared to the cheaper end Konis. IMHO. I wonder if anyone has tried the V2 series? Perhaps for street only cars these might be a good compromise?
See if you can get a ride in someone's car that has them....or don't do that if you really don't want to spend more money.
ps, these are also adjustable struts for both rebound and bump, meaning that you can soften or firm the ride up depending on where you're going.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:35 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had some rubbing on the inside with my wheels as well. I took out a little negative camber and the problem is gone.

Quick Reply: Got some tire rub, time for suspension.