Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

HELP Still no fire (sometimes) 86 944 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Steve Conar
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank You

Well folks my new sensors are installed and so far so good...Even though I am excited that the problem is most likely solved I will do some serious driving of the car for the next few weeks just to satisfy myself that I will not be stranded if I decide to take a road trip...Fingers are crossed and I dont want to jinx myself but the problem could be in the harness running from where the sensor plugs into it then on to DME...I hope and I think not...because I am running again but this is possible...time will tell...THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELPFUL COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS
Old 04-26-2010, 01:22 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve,

Glad to hear you are back on the road

99.9% chance that it was the sensors. I think we have all had the same problem. I had a bad ref sensor that caused no start issues, then had it replaced with new only to find that the du-MASS had installed them at the incorrect depth.....eventually causing the fly to eat the bottom of the sensor off So installation is very important

Either way, enjoy your ride!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Steve Conar
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out the wire was fraying where the wire enters the sensor...changed both sensor wires anyway and problem seems to be solved...Thanks to all

Quick Reply: HELP Still no fire (sometimes) 86 944 Turbo