944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A/C button exploded. Need parts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010 | 07:12 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Default A/C button exploded. Need parts.

Hope the cross-post is ok

Anybody got a non-functioning heater control unit they'd be willing to let go cheap?

Or specifically, steal a part or two off of?

Did a dash swap yesterday (out with the old crusty cracked dash and in with a shiny new crack free one.) While removing the heater controls, I must've nudged the A/C button the wrong way because it fell out. THen it exploded with springs and little dogbone things flying everywhere. Upon further inspection it looks like it's been apart before. And sadly, the A/C button itself is not removeable from the rest of the assembly like I hear some are.

I figured out how to get it all back together... but I lost one of the teeny tiny little springs that go in the SIDE of the button, behind the little dogbone things. That and the button itself (the part you physically push in/out) looks like its tabs are broken off (which would explain why it fell out so easily.)

Anybody have an old non-functioning junk heater control unit kicking around that they'd be willing to steal the A/C button out of? All I NEED (to get it back together) is one little spring, but if you're gonna take it apart anyways and would like to send me the button part too (just the part your finger pushes, as the rest of the switch in mine is permanent to the heater control), that'd be super sweet.

I can paypal a couple bucks to cover a case of beer or something for your troubles. I really don't want to have to buy an entire heater control unit for one $0.01 spring.
Old 03-27-2010 | 07:24 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Rennlist to the rescue Thanks xupkid2
Old 03-27-2010 | 09:33 PM
2bridges
Drifting

I have a dead control unit as well - not sure about button though, let me know if you need it
Old 03-28-2010 | 10:35 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Thx for the offer. I'm covered - got the spare parts today for the cost of a 6-pack of some German Weissbier and some troubleshooting brainpower.

Quick Reply: A/C button exploded. Need parts.