944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Factory AC delete - installation hints?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010 | 02:20 PM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Default Factory AC delete - installation hints?

Hi,

Didn't see much in the archives on this. Looking for planning hints on how to get organized to swap in the factory A/C delete bracket. Any insight to the following appreciated.

- assuming job can be done from the bottom of the car? No need to pull anything on the top of the engine like the manifold, etc???

- any special space issues I should be aware of that makes this job tricky? I have the stock 26/6 turbo.

- can i re-use the current bolts holding the old bracket to the block or do I need to get different lengths?

- i'm just planning to pull the compressor and not the hardlines to the cabin. Any problems with this plan (short of leaving extra parts)?

- what else should I plan for or know in advance.

Hoping this is as straight forward as it looks...just want to be ready so there are no surprises when I get in there.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2010 | 02:34 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

I had to pull a bit out of the top of the car to make it happen... I think the manifold can stay in, however there is one manifold mounting bracket that has to be removed (because it's held on by one of the AC delete bracket bolts.)

It's pretty straight forward - no special tools needed.

You can reuse the current bolts - that's the beauty of the factory mount. The aftermarket ones require shorter bolts.

Quick Reply: Factory AC delete - installation hints?