Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

First drive in 8 months!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010 | 07:10 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Default First drive in 8 months!

Finally was able to pull my car out today and get some work done on it for the first time since June. Ive been driving a Cherokee Sport since and it was funny getting into the 951.. actually having to be mindful of the low front end and feeling like i was sitting on the road!

Changed the 10 month old oil with 400 miles on it (ugh!). I stuffed so many paper towels under the oil filter i almost forgot a few .

The engine is a mess unfortentley. It did not take kindly to sitting under a cover for so long.. this year i have a ton of things to finish and think its time to just powder coat the cam cover and intake finally.

Finished installing a set of Recaro's i picked up and finally found a nice round billet shift **** i liked (Rennline).

Took her for a nice drive today, im really looking forward to the 50 degree weather tomorrow.

I have a bunch of work to get done this year. New torque tube, rod bearings, new headers and crossover, suspension. The paint on my hood was also a crappy respray from one of the previous owners. From sitting under a cover for so long its starting to pull up..so time for a respray. Hopefully around spring or early summer ill have the time to bring it down to my friends place to have him help me do it.

Anyone want to buy the old Momo seats i took out, id be willing to cut a good deal. i have everything to make them completely bolt in...adapters and sliders.

Anyhow was good to be driving it again.. i pretty much forgot what its like to drive a fast car. What is completley depressing is i used to put about 10k miles a year on the car.. last year i put on less than 5k! I changed the clutch back in June and still only have 1100 miles on it!!

Last edited by Techno Duck; 03-06-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2010 | 07:39 PM
MM951
Race Director

Excellent! Now drive it more!

Quick Reply: First drive in 8 months!