Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bee*R Rev Limiter / Poor Mans Anti-Lag... Good idea on a budget or Horrible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 AM
buddd
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bee*R Rev Limiter / Poor Mans Anti-Lag... Good idea on a budget or Horrible?

http://www.neweraparts.com/Default.a...0&ProductID=17

I am on the verge of ordering one, half of the crowd say it saves your motor by protecting against a lean condition, the other half say the extreme pops and bangs from unburt fuel igniting in your exhaust kill turbos, gaskets, etc etc...

I was planning on using it as a rev limiter and as a poor mans two-step / anti-lag...

Yes or No? Anyone have any personal experience? Also anyone know how to wire it in on our ECUs? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Opeth
Pro

rice
Old 02-12-2010, 01:51 AM
buddd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Opeth
rice
i felt similar but after watching some videos of people using them on a switch at lower rpms it seems to build nice boost off the launch..

..as long as there are no negative affects from using it sparingly I think I am going to order one.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:53 AM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There was a thread a while ago with lots of good info about 2step and launch control.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:57 AM
buddd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ritzblitz
There was a thread a while ago with lots of good info about 2step and launch control.
i searched and couldn't find anything, you have a link? thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

So does this thing lessen the loads on the driveline?

Seems very street racer-ish to me and it will kill off too many things prematurely.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:52 AM
r1ce
Advanced

ok im a noob here, but not to the car world, im gonna throw my 2 cents in.

i had this in many of my cars, one was a mild built 1.5JZ in a SC300 on single 70 trim. and no words can describe how that thing with the Bee R simply amazing. If you are not familiar with the JZ motors every gasket is metal, i never had problems with it on the 1.5jz

On the hand i had it on a CA18det in a 240 and that would eat threw exhaust manifold gaskets, like crazy, car was on a professional tune by a shop here in town. I always had problems with gaskets on that engine with bee r.

next was sr20det in a 240, every couple months i would change gaskets after using the bee r. besides that it turbo went bad lol
but then theres people who have no problems at. so i guess its a hit or miss.

ill post some vids and pics when i get on my desktop
Old 02-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I would keep away from it just because the web site is wrong. They state that rev limiters turn the fuel pump off….yeah right.

We have been through this…a lot…yes, it will help in building boost while out of gear. It will also help trash your clutch, transaxle and turbo. So sure – why not give it a try, our cars are pretty cheap to fix…
Old 02-12-2010, 09:46 AM
jc in rb
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sound like rice......plus pops and bangs in your exhaust....=beans...so in summary ...rice and beans??
Old 02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

I'd have to say that if you use it sparingly for launching purposes I wouldn't think it would mess up too much. Then again I've never used one only heard about it or read about it.
As for it being rice or not, well, a lot of people might say it's rice but then turn around and buy a ricer momo steering wheel, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. Most people see something from japan and just automatically dislike it it seems. My car shoots out flames on shifts anyways. Anti lag is used in a lot of cars, especially in rally racing, so I really don't consider it rice at all.

Quick Reply: Bee*R Rev Limiter / Poor Mans Anti-Lag... Good idea on a budget or Horrible?