Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Powerperfect question. Does it reset adjustments after turning off?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:23 AM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerperfect question. Does it reset adjustments after turning off?

So I have a tuned map on the powerperfect itself and saved on my computer, if I then turn the ***** to tune the powerperfect, but don't load it back to the computer, will the powerperfect store my settings even after turning it off and back on? This is with me leaving the ***** in the same place.
OR
Does the powerperfect come back on with only the map that was on it to begin with and the ***** have now reset their "neutral" position to where I left them and I have to re-adjust them?

Example: I loaded my tuned map to the computer and reloaded it onto the powerperfect. Then I get back in my car and it's still rich under boost so I lean out the last ****. At this point I never load back to the computer but just leave the ***** where they are and turn the car off. When I turn the car back on (powerperfect is on switched power so it also turns on) does it retain the modified map according to where the ***** are or not?

Obviously, if I adjust the ***** I need to load it to the computer and then adjust voltages and reload to the powerperfect eeprom, but if I don't have my laptop on me then I'm unable to do that.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PP unit won't store any changes, so as long as you don't move the pot settings you're fine. I would download them if you're happy with the tune as is and readjust your pot variable to 5 or 10 or lower, depending on where you started. You can also set the pots to "0" if you're really dialed in on the tune when you re-load on to the PP for security...that way, if you or someone messes with the settings nothing will change.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you're saying if I have a tune, then move one of the pots to lean it out up top but don't save to the computer, it's lost when I turn the car off?
I guess I want to be able to adjust the pot where I need it, then be able to turn the car off and on with the pot in the same position and the tune kept modified through the pot until I'm able to upload the tune.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. As long as you don't move the pot adjustment you're fine and iton't chnge on or off, but you risk the adjustment/tune if you turn the ****. Once you have tune to where you want it, I would download to the comp. as a new file.

Quick Reply: Powerperfect question. Does it reset adjustments after turning off?