Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Let's Represent for the 951 Board: Haiti

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts
Default Let's Represent for the 951 Board: Haiti

If you have not seen the Announcement at the top of this forum, John D and team are looking for donations to help the people of Haiti in a very personal way.

I donated earlier in the week, but would like to do more. So, I am challenging the members of this forum to up the ante.

Here's my plea: if you have not contributed, please do so, to represent for the 944 turbo board. If you have already contributed, please consider making a second contribution, as the full trauma of the earthquake just continues to unfold.

And here's my offer: I will match the next $250 in contributions from members of this forum. Just post up here that you made a contribution for the 951 board (and feel free to PM the amount if you prefer) -- the sooner the better!

Thanks all!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:42 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUMP DAMMIT!

I was in last week. Get the lead out ladies!

No offense Michelle.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

www.rennwish.org

facebook fan page "Project Rennwish"
Old 01-23-2010, 06:52 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Donated $50.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:04 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:06 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If you would like to make a legitimate, useful and deliverable contribution to Haiti, go to www.rennwish.org.

Here's a note from Rennwish's director, founder and CEO, John D.

"I just came home from work - and while I'm trying to prepare to get into Haiti as part of a rescue, if we get clearance, I wanted to say this...

You folks -... all of you - are amazing. I am humbled, speechless - and a lot more than a little proud to be your voice to so many in Haiti who have no voice. In short - what we are trying to do - and will do - is actually "adopt" a hospital for the next few weeks and give the children, men & women (I believe there are about 1500 in dire medical need at that hospital as I write this) - the medicine they require, food, water - and most importantly - simply *hope* that we - or rather YOU - have not forgotten nor forsaken them... I don't really know anymore the right words to say. I do know that those in Haiti do not have the right words, either - to express to all of you their thanks. If you doubt that - please read Adrien's e-mail posted earlier, OK?

As well - on to the "nut-and-bolts"...

In the past 28 hours - Rennwish has raised approximately $23,000 for this effort alone. The prelimary figures are:

$14,267 - PayPal
$8,100 - Committed as "checks in the mail";
$700 - eChecks not cleared but in process

I shake my head in disbelief, because - just like you - I find it amazing that so many could care so much...

And we have just started on attacking that $75,000 goal. I know - we will "just get it done" - as you and Rennwish has so often in the past...

To the number of folks that asked if they could defray the PayPal processing expenses, my thanks - but the answer is "no". It's been our "mantra" that if you give "$1" - then "$1" goes to that Rennwish Program. Jen and I have traditionally offset any PayPal or wire transfer or bank expenses from our end. We will continue to do so - as I made that guarantee that your "$1" reaches the children and the people intact and in full. It's what we do and will continue to do...

A few have asked how we intend to get the funds into Haiti to acquire the supplies, etc... That's easy... We need to get some funds *immediately *into those purchasing the medical supplies - so they can get them into the hands of the hospital and the folks. So, we'll send enough via instant wire services to make the initial purchases for the first few days. At the same time - we will bank-wire direct into the Haitian financial banks the major portion of your funds, but it typically takes those funds about 4-5 days to clear within Haiti.

So - in short - we'll start getting your supplies into Haiti as a trickle, while the major banks clear the majority of the assets - which will insure the funds, medicine, food and necessities of life continue to flow... This is all being done from "within Haiti" itself...

Finally - here and an edited private e-mail I sent to a contributor, who was worried if he'd done enough...

*....Honestly? I am so overwhelmed by you and others - I am speechless... Since the earthquake - in private - I've been a mess. I've lost some "friends" - and given the situation, have felt like "what can we really do?" - which pales in comparison to all the International Aid, syndicated charities, etc... But then - as I got in contact with my folks (like Adrien and Marc), knew that there was so much to do...

All we want to do is get aide to the people who need it... One person to one person....

Giving an entire hospital - which has been forsaken so far - medicine, supplies, food, water, - HOPE - is what we do best. In fact -- it is what "we do"...

That "we" is you and the folks who have contributed - have done. It's "person to person". That's personal. That is you.

You made a huge difference - simply by choosing to care....

So, my thanks.... My "job" is easy... My "job" is to ensure that $1.00 donated goes to $1.00 of aid. No newspaper articles. And no clips on major network TV news... No pictures.... No pat on the backs....

Just simply - people-to-people.

My thanks for that,"

John D.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 PM
951Saga
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM to Tom!

Thank you ehall for posting the info!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:32 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Two donations made... one for the 951 and one for 996.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:41 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

bump!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:47 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

You folks are amazing - THANK YOU!!! As well, if you don't mind - ehall and/or I can update this thread as things unfold, OK?? Just know - how much your support and encouragement means. We are trying to do so much for so many - that, well, it's a little daunting at times... But - for you folks who have - are supporting Rennwish, or will support us - you have no idea of the difference we are making..

Finally - without too much detail, if I'm in Haiti in the next few days - I'll ask ehall, JoAnne and Jen to try to update this thread from anything I send over, OK?? As well - if I'm able to grab any sort of Internet connection there - I'll also try to update the Rennwish Facebook page with both text and photos from Cayes.....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Projec...3802620?v=wall

My sincerest thanks to all of you - and a special thanks to Tom, ehall and those who are helping us...

John
Old 01-23-2010, 08:55 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll take care of it.

www.rennwish.org
Old 01-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John D.
You folks are amazing - THANK YOU!!! As well, if you don't mind - ehall and/or I can update this thread as things unfold, OK?? Just know - how much your support and encouragement means. We are trying to do so much for so many - that, well, it's a little daunting at times... But - for you folks who have - are supporting Rennwish, or will support us - you have no idea of the difference we are making..

Finally - without too much detail, if I'm in Haiti in the next few days - I'll ask ehall, JoAnne and Jen to try to update this thread from anything I send over, OK?? As well - if I'm able to grab any sort of Internet connection there - I'll also try to update the Rennwish Facebook page with both text and photos from Cayes.....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Projec...3802620?v=wall

My sincerest thanks to all of you - and a special thanks to Tom, ehall and those who are helping us...

John
You're a good man for doing this Mr. Dunkle. If there's anything we can do stateside while you're away, just say the word.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

And a big thanks to those who have donated so far! I'll be making the match tomorrow night, so still time to represent for the 951 board!
Old 01-24-2010, 03:24 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

BUMP! Let's go folks!
www.rennwish.org
Old 01-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Thanks so much for all the support so far -- I made the matching contribution tonight in the interest of time, but would consider another match if we could generate additional support. What do you say?

Quick Reply: Let's Represent for the 951 Board: Haiti