Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New project

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:18 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New project

With my 951 out of commision until I transfer the engine from my track project, I needed a new DD. Since my truck (2500HD 6.0) gets 12mpg and I drive 60miles a day.

I wanted this color and I had to choose beteen two Vehicles. Carmax w/ no history and a prvt ind who seemed pretty honest about the flaws of the car. Since CarMAx played a game I went w/ the indv, and flew 10 hrs to Orlando to pick it up. Unfortunately the list of items I will need to contend with is growing.

2003 330ci 84k.

Mechanically it seems strong. Cosmeticly it has some flaws, mostly the dents from the hickory nuts that fell on the car. Mostly on the hood and a few else where. I got under it last nite and it looks like they ran over a large tire tread that ripped out the batwing. Plus the car shakes upon braking, a german repair shop listed it as bad a-arm bushings.

SO anyone know the best forum for e-46 information similar to this site?

Thanks
Steve

BTW Cayanne pepper does wonders to keep cats away.
Attached Images    
Old 01-17-2010, 06:23 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

E46fanatics.com
bimmerforums.com
Old 01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The shaking could be the rear mounts of the front control arms. Or "lollipops" as some call them. The rubber tears away, right around that mileage as well. They're super easy to replace. Just climb under the car, find the rubber mounts and it should be pretty obvious. Some become so bad you can nearly pull them out with your hand.

Have fun, that's a great car.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:24 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice looking Z. What happened to the engine in the daily 951? Have you heard from T lately? I've emailed him several times but.................
Old 01-17-2010, 09:00 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
Nice looking Z. What happened to the engine in the daily 951? Have you heard from T lately? I've emailed him several times but.................
Yeah were gettting a bit further in the shop. I will take some photos next weekend.

He has new emails

house-944t1@***.net

office-tsimon@plaquemine.org

The engine started to run real rough.It may be an easy fix, but I decided to turn it into a DE/Street car and transfer the items I had intended for the track car to it. So when it is down a while, it wont be an issue.

The other car in the avitar that is stripped will be parked at the shop for now.

I like the car, I just hope I did not jump the gun. I was ready to move on a car at AutoMax in Houston ,then they started playing games. I needed to pick up the car this weekend as the next month is tied up. Not to mention I was tired at looking at cars. I found this one in Orlando, so I booked tickits Thurs nite and flew out Fri AM. I felt pretty comfortable w/ the guy and stupidly did not run a Carfax. So I hope I am fine, I will run one now to check it out to see.

I just got in from pulling the seats and cleaning the carpets. He had a siberian huskey that had hair everywhere. Much easier to pull the seats then the 944.

Steve
Attached Images   

Last edited by DrZ1; 01-17-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Quick Reply: New project