Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

She's finally alive again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 PM
pudges951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's finally alive again!!!

So, with the nice weather and a little bit of free time I finally got to work on the p car a little today. Quick background, I installed a huntley maf, and 85lb injectors(previously had a lindsey maf & 55lb injectors) long story on the switch but I won't go into that right now.

Ne way, after the MAF install I could not get the car to idle, it ran pig rich smoking my garage out. I checked all the connections and everything was good. I thought maybe my power perfect was hooked up wrong, but all the wires were on right. I wanted to start narrowing down the possible causes so I started with the thermistor I added to the MAF setup. Once I unplugged that I got the car to idle. Still don't know why that was messing with the A/f??

On a side note, now my engine temp gauge is not working, Ne ideas there???

Thanks for listening to my story.

Oh, and I want to thank JohnKoaWood he has been nothing but extrememly helpful, he's like a personal tech line through pm
Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chip programmed for the MAF? How are you tuning the car? What MAF?
Coolant temp is very important for the DME. I would double-check for proper operation.

We need some more info about your complete setup.

-Rogue
Old 01-17-2010, 09:30 AM
pudges951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, the chip is a weltmeister chip that was in the car when I bought it. It's a huntley MAF, I'm using the lindsey power perfect fuel computer to tune the car with, along an AEM wideband. I'll edit my signiture to list my mods to help you get a better picture of the cars setup.

Quick Reply: She's finally alive again!!!