Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Autothority Maf Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:43 AM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autothority Maf Kit

Hi I got this kit last year from autothority. After installing the AFR gauge and the boost gauge I got shocked at my AFR readings.

Aproximatelly 14.7 at idle.
16 to 17 normal driving.
14.7 to 15.6 at WOT.

I have new injectors FPR and it reads 39 psi on my fuel gauge at idle.

What are my solutions:
Adjustable FPR?
Maxhp kit?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2009, 01:34 AM
savvas944
Instructor

adjustable FPR?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:10 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by minho78
Hi I got this kit last year from autothority. After installing the AFR gauge and the boost gauge I got shocked at my AFR readings.

Aproximatelly 14.7 at idle.
16 to 17 normal driving.
14.7 to 15.6 at WOT.

I have new injectors FPR and it reads 39 psi on my fuel gauge at idle.

What are my solutions:
Adjustable FPR?
Maxhp kit?

Thanks
is it a wideband or narrow band?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:30 AM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lart951
is it a wideband or narrow band?
AEM Wide Band.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:18 AM
hp18racer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you have AFR readings before putting in the Autothority stuff? Mine bounces around 14.7 when 'off boost'. If the factory O2 sensor is working it should be in 'closed loop' at partial throttle. If the rest of the system is working right the autothority setup will perform better than is indicated by your current readings.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:57 AM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hp18racer
Did you have AFR readings before putting in the Autothority stuff? Mine bounces around 14.7 when 'off boost'. If the factory O2 sensor is working it should be in 'closed loop' at partial throttle. If the rest of the system is working right the autothority setup will perform better than is indicated by your current readings.
I have no readings since I installed the MAF last March and the gauges yesterday. The O2 sensor was installed last year maybe I should take a look at the voltage coming out of it.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Well, that sounds right if you did not have a chip or piggy back to adjust up the fuel. A MAF flows a lot more air than the stock AFM so you are running lean. Also, if there was a chip with it by Auto they are known for being to lean anyway.

You need a new chip or piggy back asap.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:27 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slightly OT why would you install something without doing your Homework on what else needs attention?

(i didnt know) dosent qualify as a good answer
Old 12-12-2009, 12:33 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
Well, that sounds right if you did not have a chip or piggy back to adjust up the fuel. A MAF flows a lot more air than the stock AFM so you are running lean. Also, if there was a chip with it by Auto they are known for being to lean anyway.

Yes, someone was selling a power perfect for $ 150.00 that will do just fine. Don't try adjusting your a/f ratio with a afpr that's not wise.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:42 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by toddk911

Todd, Mihn(Autothority guy) had these chips burned for me last March with another 944 turbo. Maybe the other guy had bigger injectors. There's other people out there running this kit and they are fine.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carlege
Slightly OT why would you install something without doing your Homework on what else needs attention?

(i didnt know) dosent qualify as a good answer
What you mean what else needs attention ? The car has almost been redone. I have no vaccum leaks. All sensors are new, even the calipers redone. ????
When I buy something new i hope it meets my standards.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:50 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lart951
Yes, someone was selling a power perfect for $ 150.00 that will do just fine. Don't try adjusting your a/f ratio with a afpr that's not wise.
Yup I think I'm going to go that route but before I'm going to call Autothority and I'm going to talk to Mihn.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:56 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

IF you want the most out of your package, you need a custom tune file tailored to your car as it is sitting...

There is a thread on here re: "do it yourself tuning", with the setup described there you can have a dyno shop build you a custom tune. negating your chips, OR you can get a piggy back (Mafterburner, etc..etc..etc..) and tune it that way...

You are TOOO lean at PT and WOT... get this rectified BEFORE your engine suffers a major break down, or after if you prefer smashing your head into a wall...

If you hit up Russel Berry he CAN make you a set of chips to match up pretty close to your setup, but it will only be a 99% solution... if you want the 100% right you will need custom tuning on a dyno..
Old 12-12-2009, 01:06 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
IF you want the most out of your package, you need a custom tune file tailored to your car as it is sitting...

There is a thread on here re: "do it yourself tuning", with the setup described there you can have a dyno shop build you a custom tune. negating your chips, OR you can get a piggy back (Mafterburner, etc..etc..etc..) and tune it that way...

You are TOOO lean at PT and WOT... get this rectified BEFORE your engine suffers a major break down, or after if you prefer smashing your head into a wall...

If you hit up Russel Berry he CAN make you a set of chips to match up pretty close to your setup, but it will only be a 99% solution... if you want the 100% right you will need custom tuning on a dyno..
Yeahh I already did when I blew the headgasket three months ago. It took me two weeks to get it back on the road. Yeahh maybe I should head up to Russell and maybe get me the MAXHP KIT. I have to be carefull now since I"m closing on a property and I'll be broke for some time.The wife already got all these plans.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:17 PM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by minho78
What you mean what else needs attention ? The car has almost been redone. I have no vaccum leaks. All sensors are new, even the calipers redone. ????
When I buy something new i hope it meets my standards.
So you bought this new from Authority and got the computer chips installed and its still running very lean?

Quick Reply: Autothority Maf Kit