Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FEELER: Anyone interested in a sunroof delete 951?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:55 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FEELER: Anyone interested in a sunroof delete 951?

I have been tossing around the idea of selling my 951 for the past couple of weeks. I am not really sure what I want to do but figured I would throw it out there for the possibility. I know this is not the market to try and sell right now but you never know.

The car......... please ignore my signature as this description would more accurately describe how it would be sold.

1986 944 Turbo- Alpine white with black leather interior. Sunroof delete. Original paint on the entire car. The bad part though is I got hit by a piece of retread on the highway about a year ago and the car will require a new nose panel, headlight door, and a hood. The hood might be able to be spared if you knew someone who really knew what they were doing. I had planned on replacing the panels and having the front end resprayed but I just haven't gotten around to it. The paint is in fantastic shape and I am still sick about the retread hitting the nose to this day. Interior is nice with the exception of cracks on the dash. Brand new front tires, and decent tread left on the rears. New cup clutch installed right before I got the car. Also recently replaced- starter, timing belts, water pump, front seals, injectors cleaned by witch hunter, manifold gaskets, vacuum lines, and numerous other pieces. Last compression check was done a year ago and it had about 145 psi on all cylinders. The car has the SFR 3" downpipe, test pipe, and cat-back, all of which are fully polished. 46mm Tial wastegate. Engine harness has been rebuilt using the Lindsey Racing harness replacement kits, and anything else on it was thermal sleeved. Car does not have A/C and has the factory delete bracket installed, the lines etc. have been removed. Power steering has also been deleted but still has the power rack in the car as I never got around to putting in the manual rack. Low mileage factory Koni M474 shocks are on it currently, but if I the offer wasn't right I would be putting the original shocks back on it. Cross drilled rotors and pagid pads. The car is a blast to drive and I love it to death but I feel like other Porsche projects are calling me. The car is seriously clean, I have spent a lot of time scrubbing the undercarriage with toothbrushes and degreaser to make it look perfect. If anyone is seriously interested shoot me a PM and we can talk.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Colin, where are you (and the car) these days? I'm heading back up to NC about mid-Dec...if I could get out of my 944 I would seriously consider yours. I would need to find a manual rack and I would miss ABS but I think I could give your car the cosmetic work it needs...I haven't seen it since "the incident" but wow was it beautiful before.

I would be dying in FL without A/C though...not that it would be any different than my current 944 though (:

Now that I have this job thing I haven't been able to quit buying toys.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:52 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by knfeparty
Colin, where are you (and the car) these days? I'm heading back up to NC about mid-Dec...if I could get out of my 944 I would seriously consider yours. I would need to find a manual rack and I would miss ABS but I think I could give your car the cosmetic work it needs...I haven't seen it since "the incident" but wow was it beautiful before.

I would be dying in FL without A/C though...not that it would be any different than my current 944 though (:

Now that I have this job thing I haven't been able to quit buying toys.
Ash, the car is still in SC at the moment. It still looks amazing until you see the nose of it. It probably wouldn't even look as bad as it does if I would wax out the black scuff marks left behind from the piece of retread.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:05 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I repaired the bumper of an audi that had been scraped up against in a parking lot *twice* without having to use any paint...it came out very well with a lot of time and elbow grease. And that is clear-coated paint, which is a lot less forgiving.

The run from FL to NC is all up the east coast on 95...so I don't know the next time I'll be coming through your area. What other projects are you working on right now? Shoot me a PM with how much you want to get out of the car.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:19 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I didn't realize the two Collins (er, Colin and Collin, since you spell your name wrong) have sunroof delete cars. Neat.

Good luck mate, whatever you decide to do.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:21 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
Hey, I didn't realize the two Collins (er, Colin and Collin, since you spell your name wrong) have sunroof delete cars. Neat.

Good luck mate, whatever you decide to do.

All the great Colins spell their's with one L, lol.

Quick Reply: FEELER: Anyone interested in a sunroof delete 951?