Black Plastic Trim Piece on bottom of rocker panels

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM
951Ron
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Plastic Trim Piece on bottom of rocker panels

Does anyone know where to purchase the black trim piece on the bottom of the
rocker panels? Got new tires and the tire shop put my 951 on a lift and crushed the black plastic trim on both sides!!! Does anyone know what the correct name of this part is? Thanks. Would like to get new pieces for both sides.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

www.944online.com sells them but you may not be too happy with their price...(they sell them new). Try to find someone parting out a turbo.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
951Ron
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you ModdedEverything951S for the info. You were not kidding about the price for new ones. $895 for the kit. OMG!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its sad, that this is a fairly common ocurrance as the trim is below the level of the lift points, and few shops bother to check/block before lifting.

The corner lift points are also a faily bad design by Porsche, they could have extended the lift points down on the Turbo's and S2's. The corner points are also weak. its not uncommon to see them bent, especially the front ones that take more weight than the rears. The center lift points seem to hold up well. They did a better job on the 968.

I try to stay off the front ones as much as possible, and won't let anyone use a lift without my supervision. Its a shame to have to do it, but few shops seem to care anymore, and the damage is hard to fix. I have a crushed front trim and a bent fender on my car, by a bad lift under previous ownership. My car is by no means a garage queen, but its frustrating to see careless damage.

Quick Reply: Black Plastic Trim Piece on bottom of rocker panels