Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Yes you can turbo your NA... (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/532679-yes-you-can-turbo-your-na.html)

alxdgr8 10-30-2009 06:27 PM

Yes you can turbo your NA...

I've tried to help him with some questions he's had and be nice. It's just getting a lot harder to not laugh and be serious now that's he's posted pics...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ipe-turbo.html

Paseb 10-30-2009 06:30 PM

is this an old ferrari? lol

V2Rocket 10-30-2009 06:46 PM

i really hope thats painted metal piping and not PVC like i think it is

**edit he said its pvc...

V2Rocket 10-30-2009 06:48 PM

jesus that thing looks awful

i like the idea of a remote turbo but ****

blown 944 10-30-2009 07:03 PM

well I'm going to stay away from that thread even though my name is mentioned ... ouch that needs some refining.

ilikemy944 10-30-2009 07:06 PM

Wow I saw the first set of pics and thought "lol"

I just saw the rest of them... oh my....
I saved them just in case :p

ilikemy944 10-30-2009 07:11 PM

And curious cause I might have missed it when I read it the first time...

Boost and stock fueling????

blown 944 10-30-2009 08:06 PM

I went ahead and posted for 2 reasons
..the idea using the sender is not a bad one..
..and I would at least like to see him enjoy it for a few weeks

ilikemy944 10-30-2009 08:08 PM

I think he might be able to make it work - he obviously has a lot of work into it already...

The visuals though... you were good to overlook them...

TurboTim 10-30-2009 08:35 PM

LMFAO:burnout:But at least hes driving a porrari

JohnKoaWood 10-30-2009 08:59 PM

I am speechless.... F'n speechless..

And to think, you guys have been helping him / egging him on..

F'n PVC to a blow thru AFM... and I really like the idea of exposed electrical terminals on the fuel pressure sensor setup...

and the idea of running a mixture of rubber and steel braided lines for oil circulation to the back of the car...

I'm f'n speechless....

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

JohnKoaWood 10-30-2009 09:32 PM

OK..I even registered JUST to post that!

TOOLS...LMFAO

thirdgenbird 10-30-2009 09:50 PM

besides the obvious, is that a grille off a ford truck?

blown 944 10-30-2009 10:00 PM

You know it is obvious that his taste is quite different in the looks dept. He seems pretty young to me as well.

But.... if he truly can get some decent parts on there, and make some boost with a decent AFR ...would that not be better than a regular NA?? Especially with the condition of this car.

I mean for real here ....if he can show 5 psi at redline and it holds together it would be considered a success would it not, even though the car needs mucho help??

Imagine this being a junkyard wars, drag race contest between 2 944's ..one being an NA and the other what he has..which is going to win??

Personally, I am looking at it as an experiment for other listers who have nicer cars and more $$ for better parts.

thirdgenbird 10-30-2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by blown 944 (Post 7033551)
You know it is obvious that his taste is quite different in the looks dept. He seems pretty young to me as well.

But.... if he truly can get some decent parts on there, and make some boost with a decent AFR ...would that not be better than a regular NA?? Especially with the condition of this car.

I mean for real here ....if he can show 5 psi at redline and it holds together it would be considered a success would it not, even though the car needs mucho help??

Imagine this being a junkyard wars, drag race contest between 2 944's ..one being an NA and the other what he has..which is going to win??

Personally, I am looking at it as an experiment for other listers who have nicer cars and more $$ for better parts.

why do you think i subscribed to the thread. i came from an fbody and have a soft spot for remote turbos. i'm going to watch from the comfort of rennlist.

(hope that 24s spoiler worked for you, i love the 944 one)