Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Yes you can turbo your NA... (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/532679-yes-you-can-turbo-your-na.html)

alxdgr8 10-30-2009 06:27 PM

Yes you can turbo your NA...

I've tried to help him with some questions he's had and be nice. It's just getting a lot harder to not laugh and be serious now that's he's posted pics...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ipe-turbo.html

Paseb 10-30-2009 06:30 PM

is this an old ferrari? lol

V2Rocket 10-30-2009 06:46 PM

i really hope thats painted metal piping and not PVC like i think it is

**edit he said its pvc...

V2Rocket 10-30-2009 06:48 PM

jesus that thing looks awful

i like the idea of a remote turbo but ****

blown 944 10-30-2009 07:03 PM

well I'm going to stay away from that thread even though my name is mentioned ... ouch that needs some refining.

ilikemy944 10-30-2009 07:06 PM

Wow I saw the first set of pics and thought "lol"

I just saw the rest of them... oh my....
I saved them just in case :p

ilikemy944 10-30-2009 07:11 PM

And curious cause I might have missed it when I read it the first time...

Boost and stock fueling????

blown 944 10-30-2009 08:06 PM

I went ahead and posted for 2 reasons
..the idea using the sender is not a bad one..
..and I would at least like to see him enjoy it for a few weeks

ilikemy944 10-30-2009 08:08 PM

I think he might be able to make it work - he obviously has a lot of work into it already...

The visuals though... you were good to overlook them...

TurboTim 10-30-2009 08:35 PM

LMFAO:burnout:But at least hes driving a porrari

JohnKoaWood 10-30-2009 08:59 PM

I am speechless.... F'n speechless..

And to think, you guys have been helping him / egging him on..

F'n PVC to a blow thru AFM... and I really like the idea of exposed electrical terminals on the fuel pressure sensor setup...

and the idea of running a mixture of rubber and steel braided lines for oil circulation to the back of the car...

I'm f'n speechless....

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

JohnKoaWood 10-30-2009 09:32 PM

OK..I even registered JUST to post that!

TOOLS...LMFAO

thirdgenbird 10-30-2009 09:50 PM

besides the obvious, is that a grille off a ford truck?

blown 944 10-30-2009 10:00 PM

You know it is obvious that his taste is quite different in the looks dept. He seems pretty young to me as well.

But.... if he truly can get some decent parts on there, and make some boost with a decent AFR ...would that not be better than a regular NA?? Especially with the condition of this car.

I mean for real here ....if he can show 5 psi at redline and it holds together it would be considered a success would it not, even though the car needs mucho help??

Imagine this being a junkyard wars, drag race contest between 2 944's ..one being an NA and the other what he has..which is going to win??

Personally, I am looking at it as an experiment for other listers who have nicer cars and more $$ for better parts.

thirdgenbird 10-30-2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by blown 944 (Post 7033551)
You know it is obvious that his taste is quite different in the looks dept. He seems pretty young to me as well.

But.... if he truly can get some decent parts on there, and make some boost with a decent AFR ...would that not be better than a regular NA?? Especially with the condition of this car.

I mean for real here ....if he can show 5 psi at redline and it holds together it would be considered a success would it not, even though the car needs mucho help??

Imagine this being a junkyard wars, drag race contest between 2 944's ..one being an NA and the other what he has..which is going to win??

Personally, I am looking at it as an experiment for other listers who have nicer cars and more $$ for better parts.

why do you think i subscribed to the thread. i came from an fbody and have a soft spot for remote turbos. i'm going to watch from the comfort of rennlist.

(hope that 24s spoiler worked for you, i love the 944 one)

blown 944 10-30-2009 10:11 PM

Never found out where it ended up being delivered to :(

It's Ok though, I'll find one local. I am not going to ship to the shop anymore, as a couple of items never showed up over the last few months either.

thirdgenbird 10-30-2009 10:14 PM

the tracking numbers had them listed as delivered to the given address...i kinda feel guilty...

Richgreenster 10-30-2009 10:14 PM

love it. Please some one help him.

blown 944 10-30-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird (Post 7033583)
the tracking numbers had them listed as delivered to the given address...i kinda feel guilty...

I know,

The side trims showed just not the center

don't worry about it really..no big deal.

thirdgenbird 10-30-2009 10:21 PM

porsche guys are the best. its too bad we get a bad wrap from most of the automotive community

bigdeano 10-30-2009 11:18 PM

LOVE IT! most entertaining read in months haha

minho78 10-31-2009 01:12 AM

Ok, I understand that he wants to make it faster and has done it from scratch.
But:
Ferdinand Porsche is missing from his grave, He was last seen in Florida with a gas can and a lighter:roflmao:.
I'm also wondering about his budget since silicone couplers are expensive, you guys should have told him about PVC Cement(cheaper and carried at any Homedepot).:corn:

alxdgr8 10-31-2009 04:32 AM

I'm trying really hard to keep from posting anything more on Pelica....logged myself off to resist the temptation.

So who else has a prancing horse in the middle of their porsche crest? He said that's where he got it from...

Mark944na86 10-31-2009 05:57 AM

http://www.coastaldriving.org/driver...es_porsche.png

alxdgr8 10-31-2009 07:07 AM

Doh, mistyped...I meant to say "that prancing horse" since his horse is clearly a Ferrari emblem.

http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2005/...errarilogo.jpg

Found his inspiration... the Porsche 599
http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/fer...rano-front.jpg

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/uplo...1256936934.jpg

Euro951 10-31-2009 08:41 AM

That is quite possibly the funniest thing I have every seen in my life. I kept trying to tell myself that this was some kind of joke, especially the bent valve repair.... Wow... well to each their own. He will blow a hole in a piston/ or break a ring land soon if he hasn't already done so.....

Chris White 10-31-2009 09:53 AM

I got to give him credit for trying....
I even kind of like the front end treatment.

BTW - I think the PVC will work just fine - and after the design is proven he can use it for a model to make a steel pipe version.

pete95zhn 10-31-2009 11:28 AM

Actually I do like that front end, the general idea is quite nice, it just needs some refinement:
Fogs ( round ones ) and blinkers behind that plexiglass and current fog light openeings converted to brake cooling ducts. Grille is OK, but that horse ( and that oval behind it )...oh dear.
And of course GTS headlights should be added.
Anyway that's a N/A front with some attitude!

Cole 10-31-2009 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by alxdgr8 (Post 7034101)
So who else has a prancing horse in the middle of their porsche crest? He said that's where he got it from...

You would not believe how many people miss this.

My mom made her living as an artist. Back in the 80s she was doing some slik screen prints and did the one below with the horse from the center of the emblem. "Porsche guys" would come in the gallery all the time and scoff, make fun and tell the gallery owner how the horse was a Ferarri horse and not a Porsche horse.

They finally framed a Porsche emblem and hung it next to the artwork. People still complained until you pointed out the horse. Then they all thought it was very cool and the art sold out. (Keep in mind this is period specific art work).

This is a digital photo of a picture of the silk screen print. The artist is "Mary Ford" (maryfordart.com)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2741/...534c004f_b.jpg

ramius665 10-31-2009 12:09 PM

My wife and I read that entire thread on PP, and couldn't stop laughing. It was like Saturday morning comedy. I don't recall who said it on PP, but I agree, it's a total hack job. Initiative is one thing, a cheap monstrosity is another entirely.

And the vicious attacks on anyone that doesn't completely agree that it's awesome??? Well, that just shows you that he knows it's a hack job and is trying to get some credit. And WHY would he start over on PP?? That's just asking for abuse.

V2Rocket 10-31-2009 02:59 PM

what a ****ing tool..

honestly he has the grammatical grasp of a 7 year old, how many commas does he put in a single sentence?

kind of want to put some money aside for a plane ticket to tampa now..

spoolin51 10-31-2009 04:39 PM

Being that I'm a psych major I feel I have the right to say:
This individual comes from a detrimental, opprobrious background. Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness. Please, dont bash on people that are clearly mentally unstable.
We all know where his project is going. When to many things go wrong BPD patients become suicidal.

My $.02
Waqqas

944obscene 10-31-2009 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944 (Post 7034787)
what a ****ing tool..

honestly he has the grammatical grasp of a 7 year old, how many commas does he put in a single sentence?

Slow down there. We all know you need to save your money man lol.

Seriously. This guy reminds me of a few people I know. Bright with ideas, but half-ass implimentation. Not to mention, that after the idea has been made into function, damned be the details and perfection, just as long as it works.

He obviously won't ever care about the looks of the car, but he's tinkered the hell out of it. I do have to say though... I'm starting to like the open front look. Does kinda have a Ferrari Scaglietti or California feel about it. If someone with good machining and fiberglass skills were to mess around with that, they could totally change the look of the 944- Might I argue that it could look good?

He just needs to clean that thing up. The remote mount is cool. I like the fact that he widened the car. Just isn't clean. Oh, now for my manditory contribution to the general consensus. Holy Christ those stickers and Ferrari emblem need to go away!

porshhhh951 10-31-2009 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by spoolin51 (Post 7035017)
This individual comes from a detrimental, opprobrious background. Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness. Please, dont bash on people that are clearly mentally unstable.
We all know where his project is going. When to many things go wrong BPD patients become suicidal.

My $.02
Waqqas

Yeah he is 36 and acting like he is 12. He obviously has something going on there. I agree.

V2Rocket 10-31-2009 05:47 PM

My $.02
Waqqas

thanks for the info, now i really want to keep up the bashing

Z-man 10-31-2009 11:35 PM

Sorry I had to delay the saga - he's banned on Pelican till November 21st.

As much as I want to see how all this pans out, he needs to sit in the corner for a bit till his temper tantrum runs out of steam...

-Z-man.

Chris White 11-01-2009 08:10 AM

;)

My $.02
Waqqas

In case you didn't notice....pretty much all 951 owners have some obsessive issues....;)

Z-man 11-01-2009 06:45 PM

This was his response to his temporary ban:

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/uplo...1257092448.jpg

the car with the top cut off,,,,sustained 135 mph speeds for over 40,000 miles...it the flap opened up via an acutator to access the funnel ram i built, i was getting 6psi of boost at starting speeds of 40mph from the sheer of amount of cubic feet allocated for the ram system...pussy4life you have no idea what you are talking about,,,,see the little 944 with the cookies, yea thats right you little punks..z-man your a pussy for trying to ban me,,,you have no morals...you really need to take the pics of my work off if your gonna try and band me you pussy,,,,and you banned me for defending myself????vrfaggot ripped into me, i defended myself, and YOU TRY to ban me,,you pussy...

wildman,,,thanks for being civil,,,you were exactly right,,,i'm choking the car wwith the restrition....

so , ya see guy,,,i have 14 cars,,,, my family is saturated in the biz,,I was simply defending myself ...you guys should really consider what has happened here...z-man,,,if you want to right me an apology,,,you know where to post it,,,,I WAS DEFENDING MYSELF YOU FfCK,,,YOU UNDERSTAND THAT,?????...PERIOD,,,TAKE THE PHOTO'S OF MY WORK OFF, IF YOUR GONNA BAN ME,,,AND THE TECH YOU GUYS ARE USING ON HERE,,ARE MY INNOVATIONS FROM MY EARLY 944'S FROM 11 YEARS AGO,,I PIONEERED IT THEN, AND YOUR USING IT ON YOUR CARS NOW..SO THINK ABOUT THAT NEXT TIME YOU F*CKING PUSSYS...EVERYONE ELSE,,,glad you enjoyed my work,,unfoutunately, unless z man apologizes,,you can't see any of it on here,,,if he dosen't i will post on lindsay racing or something similar...i will let you know.....oh, and the 928 in the back ground,,,she's under the ground right now,,,but i frotiered the stuff for that car also...good luck guys.
My response: Buh-bye for good.

-Z-man.

carlege 11-01-2009 07:01 PM

yeah! "right" him an apology ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," LOL

V2Rocket 11-01-2009 07:21 PM

LOL

it the flap opened up via an acutator to access the funnel ram i built, i was getting 6psi of boost at starting speeds of 40mph from the sheer of amount of cubic feet allocated for the ram system
"the funnel ram flap" aka a piece of tarp stretched across the front of the car.

6 psi boost? its a high pressure area but not that much.

bet that thing was floppy in corners..

FRporscheman 11-01-2009 08:21 PM

LMAO! What a nasty car. I will pick my slow NA over that any day. I'd get smoked but at least my car wouldn't be janky.

FRporscheman 11-01-2009 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944 (Post 7034787)
what a ****ing tool..

Oh, and your grammar is perfect, is it? Did you know that sentences should start with capital letters, and that your third sentence has no subject? By the way, profanity is not allowed on Rennlist, so kindly stop!

V2Rocket 11-01-2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by FRporscheman (Post 7037694)
Oh, and your grammar is perfect, is it? Did you know that sentences should start with capital letters, and that your third sentence has no subject? By the way, profanity is not allowed on Rennlist, so kindly stop!

:roflmao:

theedge 11-01-2009 09:46 PM

Hey Sid, hes asking for you on Home Made Turbo :p

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/f...-blown944.html

95ONE 11-01-2009 09:54 PM

lol.. man.. Im reading, but COMPLETELY stayin away from this one. This thread should just go away.

V2Rocket 11-01-2009 10:07 PM

judging by that picture and scaling to the car hes probably like 5'9, maybe 160lbs...and he called me out saying he wanted to fight me?

good luck man lol

ritzblitz 11-02-2009 12:03 AM

Ha i love that guy...

DDP 11-02-2009 12:38 AM

I really just feel bad for him.

Reimu 11-02-2009 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944 (Post 7037991)
judging by that picture and scaling to the car hes probably like 5'9, maybe 160lbs...and he called me out saying he wanted to fight me?

good luck man lol

lol settle down internet toughguy
Just because you're fat doesn't mean you're strong :roflmao:

Sucks that he was banned.. Just look at how he woke everyone up and gave us some fun.

V2Rocket 11-02-2009 01:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CameronKame (Post 7038409)
lol settle down internet toughguy
Just because you're fat doesn't mean you're strong :roflmao:

Sucks that he was banned.. Just look at how he woke everyone up and gave us some fun.

just sayin, he tried to call me out lol.

RM512 11-02-2009 07:54 PM

That guy sounds like Allina with 'roid rage. jajajajajajaj!:biggulp:

ramius665 11-02-2009 08:24 PM

Man, my wife and I laughed, but you guys have been BRUTAL!! I love it. New ideas are one thing, but there's really no excuse for a horrible execution. And besides, Porsche guys are definitely opposed to anything that resembles a hack job.

CPR 11-03-2009 12:42 AM

A little harsh, don't you think fellas?

Not saying the guy is not nuts, but seems to me not long ago alot of the same finger pointers were making some pretty stupid post themselves.

:)

JohnKoaWood 11-03-2009 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by CPR (Post 7041531)
A little harsh, don't you think fellas?

Not saying the guy is not nuts, but seems to me not long ago alot of the same finger pointers were making some pretty stupid post themselves.

:)

And some still are! :evilgrin:

:icon107:

CarbonRevo 11-03-2009 02:07 AM

Like red torque tubes? :icon501:

V2Rocket 11-03-2009 02:56 AM

at least the red torque tube isnt pvc :p