Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Slightly OT:

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 10:54 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2003 EVO ran 30psi on pump with correct mods. The EVO and boxer Subaru motors have had the luxury of multi-million dollar R&D budgets built directly into their current platforms, sans the 2.5 from Subaru. The 2.5 Subi motor doesn't qualify for rally racing based on its displacement. They cut some corners on this 2.5 platform, but still a very good piece of engineering.

The 2.0 EVO motors are a marvel of engineering. Change the pistons and rods, and you have a daily driven 35psi boosted 500+whp sedan.

We are tuning 20 year old technology. Don't be upset that you can't run 30psi with our our motors. I drive a 951 because it's a great car.

Trust me, if you want a 400whp 4 banger running 25psi of boost for under 25k, the 951 is not the ticket.

I've spent much money to get a reliable 500whp 951. I'm seeing friends purchase modded 997 911TT's for 40 to 60K, and I have this in my car.

The newer EVO's and STI's are the real deal if you just want a fast turbo car. Owning a nice 951 is a relationship, and I'm a diehard 951 driver. I guess I need help.

George

Originally Posted by gcb951
So I went to a local speed shop (ECS in Middletown) yesterday to pick up oil. I was at the counter paying for it and a guy pulls up in a pretty sweet looking 95ish Eagle Talon AWD. The car was black with gold rims and lowered. It had a really big front mount intercooler too. We got to talking and he told me that on pump gas he drives the car at 20psi all the time. I thought that sounded kind of nuts.

Quick Reply: Slightly OT: